Chapter 1

“Hey, how about, you become my boyfriend?”

Hearing the person in front of him using a husky voice to ask this, Ling Ke literally couldn’t believe his ears.

The person that he’d secretly been in love with with for many years, right now, at this moment, was slightly smiling, giving off an unfathomable, suggestive feeling, and staring at him with dark eyes.

***

The first time Ling Ke met Qi Feng was during the summer he graduated from elementary school.

He still remembered that summer being exceptionally hot. He had riden the subway alone to the music academy for his level-8 piano exam, and when he arrived, he was drenched in sweat.

Going into the waiting room, Ling Ke found a seat off to the side and flipped through his piano scores, going over the important and tricky areas, especially Cramer’s Etude #21.

This song’s tempo was very fast, mostly drilling the strength of one’s 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers, and these 3 fingers just happened to be Ling Ke’s weaknesses. When he practiced, he would frequently mess up, so he started rehearsing on the table with light taps.

Right at this moment, with a slight noise, a boy about the same age as he was sat down next to him.

That boy wore an exquisite and beautiful formal outfit, the form-fitting vest highlighting his waist, and he had a head of neat, black hair that set off his porcelain-like skin. Although he was young and his small face had yet to grow out, one could already see from his elegant features the makings of a future lady-killer. Adding to that a pair of naturally smiling eyes, in a few years, he’d surely become a person who’d be constantly surrounded.

Ling Ke blankly stared at the other for a few seconds. He’d never seen someone so beautiful before, and for some reason, felt a bit nervous.

“Hey,” that boy smiled and asked, “what’s your name?”

The other’s body carried a light and very pleasing aroma, though Ling Ke didn’t know if it came from his clothes or hair.

Ling Ke remembered his own sweat-drenched t-shirt state, and afraid of making the other uncomfortable, subconsciously scooted a bit further away.

However, that boy moved closer instead and introduced himself with, “I’m Qi Feng.”

“I’m Ling Ke,” Ling Ke softly replied.

Qi Feng smiled brightly as he continued to ask, “How old are you this year?”

His cat-like eyes swept across the room, returning to stare at Ling Ke. “You’re the only person who looks my age here. Have you graduated from elementary school?”

Ling Ke had an introverted personality and zero immunity against someone who acted so familiar on their first meeting, especially in being treated as if they were old buddies!

“I’ve……graduated, just this year,” Ling Ke responded.

Qi Feng was thrilled. “Wow, me too! What elementary school did you go to? What middle school are you going to? How many years have you been learning piano?”