Chapter 60

For some reason, Jiang Ying felt that something about Ling Ke seemed very familiar. Earlier, she simply wanted to take a look at them playing; now, she couldn’t help but recall that boy from many years ago.

It wasn’t b/c that that experience was incredibly memorable, but that Qi Yu came back to China a very limited number of times. By coincidence, he even came to the TV station to look for her that year and then got dragged to do a duet, therefore her impression of that boy became deeper.

Being asked this, Ling Ke’s heart almost stopped. Afraid that Qi Feng would get jealous if the truth came out, he feigned ignorance: “Eh? I haven’t.”

Jiang Ying nodded and didn’t ask anymore. There were a lot of similar ppl in this world, so perhaps she remembered wrong.

But this question and answer session aroused Qi Feng’s curiosity, so he asked, “What talent audition?”

Jiang Ying smiled and explained, “Five years ago, our TV station conducted an event and invited middle and elementary school students to come and participate. Actually, the main goal was to find and groom a junior anchor for a children’s program.”

If those who went to MMIA wanted to do something like this, all they needed to do was find some connections. For example, in Qi Feng’s case, if he was interested, all he needed was an “Ok” from Jiang Ying, so she didn’t mention such events to her son.

“At the time, there were a lot of people. Ling Ke seemed familiar and knew how to play piano, so I thought he might……”

Qi Feng gave an “Oh” while Ling Ke sat on the side, silent. However, Qi Feng keenly noticed that the other was tightly gripping the edge of the piano bench.

Perhaps his mom wouldn’t be able to tell, but Qi Feng had known Ling Ke for half a year now and could sense the other’s mood from a variety of details and small habits.

Qi Feng was a bit confused; why would this topic make Ling Ke nervous?

However, before he could think more deeply about the reason, Jiang Ying already changed the topic.

During the day while Jiang Ying was at work, the house became Qi Feng and Ling Ke’s two people heaven. They stuck to each like glue watching TV, playing DotA, and teasing Snowlass, not separating for even a moment. Qi Feng even requested the housekeeper to teach him to cook so he could personally make something for Ling Ke to eat.

When Jiang Ying came back this day, she saw that there were leftovers from lunch on the table, and after asking the housekeeper, found out that these were actually made by Qi Feng. Shocked, she picked some up, and thought it didn’t taste bad……

Although Qi Feng was very considerate all these years, he had never cooked before. Yet the 1st time he did, it was actually for someone outside the family. A bit bitter in her heart, she felt an indescribable feeling of having raised a son for someone else.

Jiang Ying asked the housekeeper, “Where are those two?”

The housekeeper smiled: “Upstairs. I cut some fruit and brought it up earlier, and they were reading in the study.”

Hearing this, Jiang Ying was even more astonished. Qi Feng liked to play, and since small, only studied when forced or provoked by his brother. It was a rare holiday, and he even brought a friend home; she wanted them to relax for a few days thus didn’t bother them… Who would have thought that those two would be so hardworking?