Chapter 5

The students standing a bit further away didn’t hear what he said, but those who were near Qi Feng and Jiang Ying heard it loud and clear.

Jiang Ying was extremely flabbergasted. It wasn’t often that she fought to give someone a chance like this, and if it was anyone else, they’d definitely be overjoyed. Yet this little guy said that he wanted to withdraw…… His performance earlier wasn’t even bad, so why was he giving up?

Curious, she asked, “Can you give me the reason?”

Ling Ke lowered his eyes. The rage in his heart had yet to recede, but his rationale had already returned.

His own performance honestly wasn’t that great, and it had been Qi Feng who supported him the entire way. If it wasn’t for Qi Feng, this would have been an utter failure, the soliloquy of one boy selfishly venting his anger.

The him that acted this way, how was he any different from the boy who was eliminated earlier?

The ear-piercing applause seemed to further highlight Qi Feng’s contributions, and his own dignity could not accept remaining on this stage due to leeching off of Qi Feng.

However, Ling Ke couldn’t give this reason. He didn’t want to make a fool of himself in front of Qi Feng.

Therefore, he stood there stubbornly, and radiating a rebellious aura, declared, “I don’t like performing on a stage.”

These words seemed to pierce the skies, and left even the nearby Qi Feng speechless.

Jiang Ying was also a bit tongue-tied. She stared at Ling Ke for a few seconds, before a “Pftt” escaped her lips.

Ling Ke: “……”

Jiang Ying laughed as she looked at him, “What made you think I would even let you pass?”

Hearing this, Ling Ke’s entire face burned in chagrin. He wanted to dig a hole and bury himself forever!

Qi Feng also knit his brows at this, his expression flickering.

Jiang Ying ignored them, turned around, and flashed the ‘eliminated’ gesture towards the judges panel.

The audience exploded in uproar. Although these two boys looked like they came with “connections”, their performance had won a lot of people over, so why were they eliminated?

“I know that when this student remained, many of you suspected the integrity of this event… So, I want to take this opportunity to tell you guys a few things.” Jiang Ying elegantly stepped forward, strolling through the audience as she said to this group of not-quite-adult, yet not-quite-children adolescents. “Earlier, when this child couldn’t find a partner to pair up with and I leniently gave him a chance to perform, did you think that he lucked out?”

Everyone’s eyes followed Jiang Ying’s movements, afraid to make a single noise in the face of her terrifying aura.

“Of course not. If I ever give any applicant hopefuls a special chance, it will only be because that person had possessed a quality that attracted me. “Jiang Ying paused, then continued, “Take the boy who complained about this competition not being fair. Perhaps you think his luck wasn’t good, but was it just his luck that wasn’t good? Of course not. He simply wasn’t up to par.”