Chapter 4

Ling Ke restlessly sat in the last row of the mult-functional auditorium, watching the impromptu pairs perform on stage. Those who did well received applause, and those who messed up made the audience awkwardly stare.

This talent show announced the results of each performance right after they ended, and those who didn't perform well were immediately disqualified. A very harsh, no 2nd chance trial.

There was one pair, a boy and a girl, who were suppose to sing and make a speech, but the girl didn't pull her weight and kept making mistakes, dragging the boy down with her. When the announcer declared that they were both eliminated, the boy couldn't help but protest, "I don't think this is fair!"

The one who Jiang Ying had called 'Teacher Wang' asked in return, "How is it unfair?"

The boy angrily replied, "If my partner was someone else, I would have done a lot better."

The girl also felt very ashamed, drooping her head and on the verge of tears.

The students below all started whispering, as if sympathetic towards the boy who was implicated, but no one expected Teacher Wang to let the young man standing next to him go up on stage and pair up with the girl in tears. That man was precisely the interviewer who ran out on Ling Ke to go to the bathroom, Li Xuan.

Li Xuan walked up to the girl and coaxed, "Don't be nervous, let's just randomly talk for a bit."

Originally, she was still quite reticent, but after being guided by Li Xuan for a while, the two of them bantered along, and at the end, the girl even came up with a few extremely funny jokes.

In less than 5 minutes, Li Xuan came back down from the stage, and the boy from earlier stared at him with envy and embarrassment. However, his judgment wasn't over yet.

Teacher Wang tapped the table with his pen and ambivalently smiled as he said, "Did you see? A TV personality isn't one who hogs the spotlight for themselves, but someone who pays attention to everyone on stage. Your partner messed up, but not only did you not step in to cover for her, you made her even more awkward and panicked. Did you think that would make you look good in contrast? No, on the contrary, it only exposed that you're too egocentric, and this is the reason we eliminated you. Any other questions?"

The oldest student present was only 14-15 years old, so hearing this ruthless commentary by Teacher Wang, they were all in shock.

Everyone here had overflowing talent, was either the apple of their parents' eyes or the most beloved in their school, and being chosen for this already proved they were the best of the best. In their daily lives, when had they ever been exposed to such a brutal dressing-down that left zero face to speak of?

That boy paled and blushed in turns, and in his anger, ran away. The door slammed shut with a bang.

Teacher Wang shook his head and sighed, "A spoiled child with no manners."

At this moment, Ling Ke heard the girls up front start to lightly clamor.

He turned his head and saw that as that boy ran out, another boy walked in.

Dressed in casual wear, the new boy had one hand in his pocket while the other held a violin. After he walked in, he swept his gaze across the auditorium with an indifferent air.