Chapter 8

He knew long ago that Qi Feng had forgotten about him, but seeing how the other really didn’t react in the slightest upon hearing his name, Ling Ke still felt just a bit crestfallen.

After all, he had thought about Qi Feng for years. Thought about him every, single, day (and night).

Ling Ke half-heartedly nodded towards Xie QiBao’s family as a greeting, then while grinding his teeth, went back to organizing his things.

On the other hand, Qi Feng was already chatting away with Xie QiBao’s parents, being asked about where he’s from, what his family does, and other such topics.

Qi Feng responded easily and naturally, enthusiastic yet appropriate, casual yet polite. His innate talent for social interactions made the Ling Ke listening off on the side feel endless admiration while ashamed of his own shortcomings.

Ling Ke had heard some rumors about Qi Feng and knew that his family’s wealth wasn’t something even a typical rich family could compare to. But here, Qi Feng was extremely low-key, only mentioning that his dad was a businessman while his mom was part of the working class.

Well, he technically wasn’t wrong.

Ling Ke felt that the 18 year old Qi Feng was much more mature than he initially imagined.

After chatting a while, Xie QiBao also put down his reservations and slowly warmed up to Qi Feng, wanting to get to know the other better.

Part of that was because Qi Feng was really good-looking and didn’t put on any airs, especially when he pulled out a chair for the only elderly present. After that, Xie QiBao’s impression towards him soared to the top, and even started calling him ‘Qi Bro’.

Xie QiBao’s family was from a smaller city in the south, and to celebrate him getting into F University, the whole family drove up north to send him to school. This trip also doubled as a chance to show his grandpa what a big city looked like.

In this hot weather, the dorm was originally quite stuffy. There’s supposedly AC, but they couldn’t find the remote, and with this many people squeezed inside this small room, it soon became suffocating.

Mama Xie flitted around, helping her son spread out a bamboo mat on his bed one moment, then digging out the specialty snacks they brought from their hometown the next, passing them out to Qi Feng and Ling Ke.

Qi Feng coaxed her to stop, mentioning that they should hurry with the unpacking before Grandpa Xie, as an elderly, gets a heatstroke.

Everyone looked towards Grandpa Xie and saw how he was uncomfortably wiping away sweat. They hurried up, and after their son’s luggage was mostly unpacked, it was lunch time. The Xie family earnestly invited Qi Feng and Ling Ke to eat with them, but Qi Feng politely declined the invitation for them both.

Before leaving, Xie QiBao turned back around and said, “Qi Bro, I’m going to stay at the hotel tonight with my family instead of coming back to the dorm. Can you watch my things for me?”

Qi Feng blinked, then nodded, “Sure, it’s a rare opportunity for your parents to be here. You should spend these few days with them.”

Xie QiBao: “Thanks! Here’s my phone number, contact me if anything happens.”

They exchanged numbers and Xie QiBao look towards the Ling Ke who pretty much hadn’t saiad anything from beginning to end. “Uhm, Ling……” Probably because he didn’t remember Ling Ke’s name, Xie QiBao awkwardly paused, then said, “Ling Bro, sorry for the inconvenience, we’ve disturbed you.”