Chapter 24

After Qi Feng agreed to the performance while dragging Ling Ke along with him, their department professor scheduled a meeting with them to tell them about the Freshman Welcoming Ceremony.

Although its name implied it’s to welcome the new students, but based on its scale and importance, it’s more like a school festival celebrating the arts.

Therefore, they weren’t just representing themselves, but also the entire school of journalism, and thus their professor hoped they’d take this opportunity seriously and perform well.

After this pompous speech, both of them felt greatly pressured, and Ling Ke could only force himself to treat this with more weight.

The literature/art department head was a proactive person, and the next day, secured the private piano room. After they received the key, Ling Ke and Qi Feng decided to go check it out, test the piano, and try to find some inspiration.

F University didn’t have a school of music or any related majors, but a university this large wouldn’t not have pianos. Beneath the assembly hall, there were 4-5 piano rooms that weren’t normally open to students. Apparently, they existed mostly as a place for some professors to play in their free time.

For the sake of privacy, these piano rooms were small, soundproof, and not even half as large as a dorm room.

Each had an upright piano that stood against the wall, a small desk for personal artifacts, a small bookshelf attached to the wall with some piano scores, and a chair.

In this less than 6 square meters large room, having two tall guys squeeze inside made it feel quite cramped.

Moreover, the room’s soundproofing was done really well, and as soon as the door closed, they could hear each other’s breathing.

……Which made things a bit awkward.

Private, soundproof, together in a small room…… Ling Ke couldn’t keep his thoughts from straying into the gutter.

God knows how many days he had to spend to get himself back into his initial state of zen, but now, being locked in this tiny room with Qi Feng destroyed all of his hard work!

He just couldn’t resist this natural attraction towards Qi Feng……

“Eh, this room’s really tiny.”

And he was especially weak towards that magnetic voice of Qi Feng’s. Ling Ke felt like all the cells in his body started trembling in excitement.

Resigned, he opened the piano’s lid and cranked his ‘fake straight guy’ acting skills on full blast.

The piano bench was 75cm long, but for two fully grown, 18 year old guys, it was a tight fit.

Perhaps Qi Feng also had misgivings about this, thus said to Ling Ke while going to sit on the other chair, “Why don’t you go first?”

Ling Ke relaxed a bit.

Playing piano wasn’t just a technical skill, but a technical skill that needed constant practice. If you don’t practice for a few days, it’d become unfamiliar, and if you don’t practice for a few years, you wouldn’t even be capable of playing at your former level.