Chapter 16

For a moment there, Ling Ke didn’t know how to respond. Since his goal was to fake it as a straight guy, he needed to act offended, right?

Seeing him silent, Qi Feng persuaded, “Actually, don’t let this bother you. I think it’s best to just ignore it.”

Ling Ke stared blankly……eh?

Qi Feng patiently explained, “The photos are already posted, and you can’t stop people from gossiping.”

Ling Ke was somewhat startled. Why did it look like Qi Feng didn’t mind this at all?

While Qi Feng talked, he carefully observed Ling Ke’s expression. He really didn’t know Ling Ke’s stance on this, and the other seemed adverse to that “fate” joke he made at Loverbirds Lake.

As if afraid of offending Ling Ke, he kept his tone extremely sincere: “How do I put it, I guess I’ve had a lot of experience with this kind of thing…… Basically, the more you try to explain, the less people believe you.”

Ling Ke’s expression slightly shifted, but didn’t say a word.

Qi Feng’s heart clenched, but forced himself to continue: “And if it looks like you care too much, that’ll just make other people think we’re……really like that.”

After spelling it out to this extent, if Ling Ke was still adamant about “making things clear”, then Qi Feng would be very hurt.

Even Gao JunFei couldn’t sit still and chimed in with, “In any case, the gossip in the forums change every day. Just treat it as a joke and don’t take it to heart.”

Ling Ke never expected that his “straight male” act would invite such disapproval.

He wrinkled his brows, and pretending like he’s making a difficult decision, said, “Then, alright.”

…The two straight guys have already expressed that this kind of thing should be ignored, so as the gay guy, why should he still bother?

Moreover, Qi Feng said earlier that he “had a lot of experience with this kind of thing”, and Ling Ke finally remembered that Qi Feng’s been the target of multiple love rumors, so this one’s merely another drop in the bucket.

Looks like he made a fuss over nothing.

Hearing Ling Ke’s response, Qi Feng sighed as it relieved from a burden.

But before he could secretly rejoice, Gao JunFei added, “These ‘couple or not’ rumors aren’t important. What’s important is that this thread will cause a lot of other rumors in the future.”

Ling Ke: “What do you mean?

Gao JunFei: “With this many views, sooner or later, someone’s going to dig out and divulge your department, class, name, age, height, weight, and even family background!”

Qi Feng: “For real?”

Gao JunFei: “What do you think? How much they uncover will depend on how well you normally keep your personal info under wraps. Especially people like you guys who originally lived in this city and have a handsome face. Who knows, maybe doing a simple search online would reveal all sorts of things, and they won’t even need to dig that deep.”