Girlfriend

Y/n POV

I rushed home throwing my jacket and shoes somewhere. I jumped on the couch turning on the Tonight Show. I smiled seeing Hailee on screen. We have been seeing each other for almost 7 months yet none of us had the guts to ask the other to be their girlfriend. I turned my attention to the two.
"How's it going, dude", Jimmy asked her. "I'm doing great I would say. How are you", she replied. "I'm good, thanks. I'm so excited to see you", he said. "I'm excited to be here. It's always a pleasure", Hailee told him grinning. "You seem happy", he asked laughing. "I'm always happy when I'm here", she told him. The audience laughed along. "So this year has been crazy for you. Dickinson, Afterlife and you just turned 23", he counted. Cheers erupted. I smiled knowing how proud Hailee is of her work. "Thank you. Yeah, it's been a wild and exciting ride", she told him. "I mean you are incredibly talented. Dickinson ist awesome. My wife and I have watched it and cried and laughed. It's incredible," Jimmy continued. A faint blush was seen on Hailee's cheeks. "Thank you a lot", she said. "Right now you are filming for season 2", he asked. "Yes, it's so awesome. We wrapped most of it already and it's hilarious. You guys will love it", she told him beaming with excitement. "Oh man, I'm stoked. Whoever didn't watch it yet,
I recommend it. It's a really great show", he said looking at the camera. "So actually we prepared a game. It's called Loaded Questions", he talked and the audience clapped. "So you know how it's working. There are cards with a question on it. Only we can see the question. You can choose to answer or take shot in front of you", he explained. "Do you like to drink", he asked her. "Uhm depends but more likely no", she said laughing. "Well then we can expect a lot of answers", Jimmy talked and they laughed. "Alright you start", he said. "Great", Hailee muttered. She picked up a card and read it. "Oh no, I can't... no", she said and the audience laughed while Jimmy looked at her confused. "Alright, it's not a bad question. Who out of your co-stars in Dickinson is your favorite and why", she read. Jimmy laughed. "I really don't have a favorite. I love them all. Each and everyone of them is so great and talented. I can't choose", Hailee said. "Ok, I give you that", Jimmy told her and continued.
It went on until Hailee was at the last question. So far she drunk twice. I made a reminder to ask her about those. "What is it", Jimmy asked. "The answer is my girlfriend Y/nn. Sorry, guys", she replied smiling. I froze. Did she just- I grinned and jumped up and down. "Ok, what?! Hold on... I want to know now", Jimmy said. "I answered", she told him winking. "But what is the question", he asked. "That are not the rules", she told him. He laughed. "Alright everybody, this is Hailee Steinfeld. Thank you for playing. Have great evening",he said and cheers were heard.
I turned the TV off still replaying her words in my head. My heart was beating like crazy. I heard the doorbell ring and ran to the door opening. There she stood. Messy hair big hoodie and sweatpants. I engulfed her in a big hug. "Hey, princess", she said and held me tight. "Hi Haiz", I mumbled in her neck. She carried me inside closing the door in the process. "How was your day", she asked me. "Alright until now", I told her. She let me down. "Uhm, listen I think I need to tell you something", she said and looked everywhere but me. "Is it bad", I asked insecure. She shook her head no. "I don't think it's bad", she told me quietly. She lead me to the couch. "Uh, I was on Jimmy Fallon a few days ago and said something and I wanted to make sure that you hear it from me and not see it on TV. I don't want you to think that I was scared or wasn't going to ask you", she rambled. "It's alright, babe", I told her reassuring. "Have you seen it? You saw it, dang", she said and let herself fall back. "I'm sorry. I was just so excited for you and wanted to see your face", I told her. "I shouldn't.... it just slipped", she told me cheeks red. I giggled. "You don't have to apologize, Haiz", I replied. "Well, so do you want to be my girlfriend? Because I can totally understand if you're not ready or don't want to", she told me really fast. I brought her face towards me and placed my lips on hers to shut her up. "I would love to be your girlfriend", I told her quietly. She grinned like crazy. "Really", she asked me.
I nodded giggling. She hugged me tightly. "Take out", she asked me after a while. "Sure thing, girlfriend", I told her and she laughed. She kissed my cheek before ordering food. I looked at Hailee and she gave me a cheeky smile. I rolled my eyes. She pulled me towards her kissing my head. "So what should we do, girlfriend", she asked me wiggling her eyebrows.