USWNT -Player

This was requested by GT_713 some while ago. Sorry for the wait 😬 I hope you still like it.

Y/n's POV

"Hailee,Hailee! Oh my god, you won't believe this",I yelled running inside our shared apartment. She was sitting on the couch with her phone. "What",she asked excitedly. "I made it! I fucking made it ", I squealed with a big grin. „I just got the call. I made to the women's national team roaster for the World Cup", I told her. Her eyes widened in surprise. "You what?! No freaking way", she said and hugged me tightly. We both jumped up and down. After working so hard this past couple years and making it to the NWSL at the age of 17, I finally got called up to the best of the best. "I can't believe this", I spoke. "I'm proud of you, babe", she said to me giving me a kiss.

,Few months forward to the finale'

I closed my eyes breathing in and out. We won all the games and made it to the final against the Netherlands. I was one of the starters which was a surprise to me since I'm one of the rookies. "Hey kid, you alright", I heard Tobin ask me. I opened my eyes. "Yeah, just a little nervous", I told her. "That's ok. The nerves are good. Just play like you always play. You are awesome. That's why you are here", she reassured me. I nodded. "Thanks", I mumbled. She patted my back before getting ready. Jill came in to say some stuff before the game. The starting 11 went into the tunnel were we met the kids who would walk with us to the field. "You ready", Kelly asked me and I nodded smiling. "We got this", I told her. She fist bumped me and smiled. We walked out to the field and lined up to sing the National Anthem. My eyes wandered around to look for my girlfriend but I couldn't see her in the sea of people. We shook the opponents hands and took a team picture before running to our positions on the field. "Y/n", I heard someone yell and I looked around to see who it was. Instead of a fan I saw Hailee. I grinned waving and she blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it holding it close to my heart. She gave me thumbs up. Even though our relationship wasn't public she still made sure she was there and I appreciated that a lot. Julie and Sam came up to me and we made a small midfielder huddle before it was close to the start. I saw the clock and heard the crowd counting down. The referee blowed the whistle and the game begun. The first half was goalless even though we made some good shots at the goal the goalkeeper was pretty good today. We went to the locker rooms were Pinoe made some good ass speech that send our confidence to the rooftop.
After a foul on Alex in the 58th minute and VR check later Pinoe went up to shoot a penalty. It was the 62nd minute. The kick went straight in and the crowd roared. I jumped on Pinoe's back. "Let's go", Julie yelled and a few came to celebrate. It was
7 minutes later when I got the pass from Mewis. I saw that no one attacked me so I ran with the ball. I looked up but Pinoe mentioned me to run further. A defender came up to me but I dribbled around her and I was in front of the goal so I kicked the ball as hard as I could and it flew past the goalkeeper in the right corner. I raised my arms up in the air. Alex, Pinoe, Mewis, Julie and Kelly came up to me hugging me. "There you go kiddo", Kelly yelled excitedly. I searched for a certain brunette in. The audience and our eyes connected. I pointed towards her smiling. She grinned at me proudly. The rest of the game we defended our lead and as the final whistle blew we were crowned world champions. The rest of the team ran on the field engulfing us in a big team huddle. I was lifted up by Ash. "Great job kid", she told me. "We won", I yelled over the people. She nodded her head smiling.
The ceremony began and we were finally able to lift the cup. Kelly was dancing like a crazy person yelling,"We got 4 stars on our shirt now." There were photos taken and confetti flew around. I smiled like crazy knowing all the practice had paid off. When the craziness died down a little I jogged up to the stands were my family and Hailee was. I climbed up the railing and hugged my parents tightly. "We're so proud of you", my dad told me. "Thank you for supporting me", I told them. I gave my cousin a high five and turned to Hailee who looked super cute in my Jersey and make up on her face. I brought her in my arms. "I can't believe you did it. You scored almost like Messi", she yelled. I chuckled. "Let's not compare myself to Messi", I told her. "But you were so good and you won a World Cup", she squealed taking my face in to her hands. I giggled. "I love you", I told her. "I love you, too and I'm so proud of you", she said. She leaned in and kissed me and in that moment I didn't care who saw us. "I have to get changed", I mumbled against her lips. "Sure thing, champ", she replied. I climbed down and ran up to Allie, Ashlyn and Christen. "Oooh get some kiddo", Ashlyn yelled and the others laughed. I felt my cheeks heat up. "Shut up, Harris", I told her and the laughed. She ruffled my hair. "Proud of you for getting some", she told me before skipping into the locker room where everybody was celebrating and singing and dancing and just having a good time. "Aye Y/n, you are blowing up", Kelly yelled slightly drunk already. I looked at her confused. She held up her phone and I saw a picture of the kiss between Hailee and me. My eyes widened. "Chill out, dude. She likes you. She was yelling like a crazy person when you scored", Tobin told me. I smiled. Right now was not the time for worries. I just won the World Cup with my teammates and I had an awesome girlfriend and a supportive family. I smiled knowing this was my life.