Coming Out

To say Hailee was nervous was an understatement. She was terrified. Today was the day she would tell you, your best friend, her biggest secret. She kept it for a really long time considering the fact that you two are inseparable since you were in diapers. She knew you weren't homophobic or anything. You didn't label yourself. You always told her love is love, didn't matter the gender or label. She finally had some time off. She didn't want to tell you over the phone. It would be easier for her but it was too personal. She texted you yesterday asking if you were free this morning and you instantly replied with a yes. She knew how much you missed her because the feeling was mutual. She took a deep breath and rang your doorbell hoping you wouldn't be home like you texted her. The door got ripped open and Hailee felt a weight on her. Her arms sneaked around your smaller body. "Hey Haiz", you whispered finally seeing the girl you missed so much. "Hey peanut", she greeted you. You let go of her and took in your best friends appearance. "How are you? You have to tell me everything from set", you spoke grabbing her hand. She chuckled at your excitement. Her nerves calming a little. You both let yourself down on the couch like you did every time when something important was to be told. Hailee told you everything she could and answered every question you asked. You two sat for hours talking to each other until Hailee knew she had to tell you. "Uhm Y/n, I need to tell you something", Hailee said hesitant. You could sense her nervousness and grabbed her hand for comfort. "Sure. What's up", you asked the brunette. "I uh... I felt like this for a long time and I don't want to mess up everything. Especially not between us. You are so important to me and I don't want to lose you", Hailee started looking at her hands. "You're not pregnant or? I mean not that this bad or anything. I would support you no matter what", you said. Hailee chuckled and shook her head no. "I'm not pregnant", she told you and you nodded your head still looking at Hailee. You saw her struggling to find the right words and you squeezed her hand to  tell her everything will be ok. "I'm gay", Hailee said. It was silent. She looked up to meet your eyes for the first time. "C-Can you say something", Hailee whispered tears threatening to fall. "Oh I thought you wanted to tell me a secret", you asked confused. "I just did", she spoke. "Haiz, I know", you told her with a smile. "What", the tall girl questioned. "It's not like I have seen you checking out girls butts before and then telling me you liked those jeans", you said chuckling. Hailee felt the heat rush into her cheeks. "So you are ok with that", she asked quietly. "Oh babe, of course I am. I'm happy you finally realized and are comfortable enough to say it", you replied. A huge smile made its way on Hailee's face. "Never be afraid to tell me those things. I'm your friend. And I love you no matter. Gay, straight, bi and so on", you spoke. The brunette hugged you close. "I love you, too", she whispered and you hugged her back squeezing her. "So do you have your eye on someone", you asked her wiggling your eyebrows. She giggled and you talked like you did every time. Because nothing changes between two people who care for each other.