-Coming Out Part 2-

Heeey! I'm finally back. I'm sorry for the wait. I was busy with finals but now I have a semester break and try to update as regularly as possible. Thank you to everyone who reads this story and comments! I also am working on the requests. I didn't forgot them! They will come!
Have a nice weekend!

Hailee's POV

Coming out to Y/n was easy but telling her how I feel was a different story. Looking back I always liked her. The way she smiled, the way her nose crunches up when she laughed, everything about her was perfect. The only problem was that I don't know if she felt the same. I texted Sophie needing some advice and she told me to just go for it. What could possibly go wrong?! She will hate me and won't be my friend anymore. I rather have her as my friend than not at all. This long friendship means more to me than my stupid feelings. Tonight our families were at a Barbecue. A cute little tradition that's been going on for years. I sighed knowing that day by day my feelings for my best friend kept going stronger but I could not do anything about it. "Hailee, they are here", my mom yelled. I made my way downstairs putting on my best smile. "Haizy", Y/n said and engulfed me in a tight hug. "Hey there", I greeted her with a big smile this time a genuine one. I said hi to her parents and her siblings before we made our way to my room. Shit?! We can't be alone. I can't be alone with her knowing I have this feelings. "Hey, uh how about we chill outside for a bit", I suggested. "Ok. Sure", she said and we went outside where the others were seated and talking. "So Y/n, got a boyfriend? Because if not I volunteer as a tribute", one of my male cousins talked. I rolled my eyes. She blushed a little. I gave him an angry look. "Sorry, I uh like someone", she replied. And right then at that moment my heart shattered. And shit it hurt! I felt everything around me turning in slow motion and all I wanted was to go in my room and cry. "Haiz", someone asked and snapped their fingers in front of my eyes. "Huh", I asked. "Are you ok", Y/nn asked me concerned. I nodded putting on a fake smile. We continued talking a little and every five minutes some of my cousins would flirt with her. I sighed knowing I will never get a chance with her. We ate dinner and her parents asked me some questions which I tried to answer as nicely as possible. Soon it was getting pretty late and they had to go. I was pulled in to my room. "Ok. What is up with you", Y/n asked me. "What?! Nothing. I'm fine", I told her. She looked at me intensely. "I know when you're not telling the truth, Hailee. So I'm asking you again. What is going on", she questioned. I looked away not knowing what to say. I'm in love with you and I want to be with you but it is totally fine if you don't like me that way. So can we still be friends? No! I could not tell her! "Haizy, what's up", she asked me a little more quieter. "You like someone why didn't you tell me", I asked her a little more harsher than intended. She looked taken back. "That's why you've been so weird tonight?! Because I didn't tell you I like someone", she asked chuckling. "Hailee, I like someone", she told me and I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. We didn't see each other for a long time and I thought it would be better if I tell you in person", she talked. I nodded. "So", I questioned. She looked at me confused. "Who is it", I asked already regretting it knowing my heart will break even more. "Uhh you don't know them", she replied looking every way but me. "I also know when you are lying", I told her. She sighed. She whispered something but I couldn't quite catch it. "What", I asked confused. "You", she said a little louder. "What me", I questioned. "I like you", she told me. "Like more than...", I asked not wanting to force anything out of her. She nodded still looking at her fingers. I grinned. "I like you, too", I said and she finally looked up with wide eyes. "You do", she asked surprised. I nodded. She giggled. "I like you, Y/n. So much it hurts", I said and she hugged me tightly. My arms automatically went around her. She looked up our faces inches apart. "Can I kiss you", I asked quietly. She just nodded her head. I leaned in closing my eyes and connected our lips. At first I carefully moved my lips not wanting to overstep any boundaries but she pulled me closer to her so I moved lips with hers. We pulled back when air became an issue and I leaned my forehead against hers. I looked into her eyes. "Do you got a girlfriend? Because if not I volunteer as a tribute", I imitated one of my cousins. She threw her head back laughing and I chuckled. "I don't have one yet", she replied smirking and I giggled. "Well, would you be my girlfriend then", I asked. "Hmm, let me think. I've got a lot of people waiting in line you know", she said and I looked at her offended. She giggled. "Of course, Haizy", she told me laughing. She gave me a peck on my lips. "I'll see you tomorrow", she asked. I nodded. I walked her back to her parents and said a quick goodbye. I ran into my room doing a happy dance knowing I got the girl of my dreams. I texted her: (Hailee= normal; you= cursive)

I can't wait for tomorrow!
See you then, girlfriend 😘

Me neither! Until then girlfriend😉☺️

I like youuuuu 🙈☺️

I like you, too Haizy 😚😂