Chapter 1

(Y/n) looked across the job listing of sleepy peaks' newspaper as she took another drink of her soda. She was currently staying at a restaurant job hunting after being fired from her last job.

Nothing too note worthy just the same old jobs. FBI hiring, chicken dentist, and a camp counselor. The camp counselor job was as big as half the page.

She picked up her yellow highlighter and circled camp counselor. It seemed like a good fit. (Y/n) knew she wasn't a dentist or a FBI agent, so she knew that it would work out. Also, she knew a thing or two about camping.

She picked up her cellphone and dialed the number. (Y/n) messed with her shirt as she waited for someone to pick up.

When (Y/n) heard the overly happy voice on the other line, she nearly dropped her phone. This guy knew how to greet people!

"Howdy! My name is David and this is Camp Campbell!"

"Uh hi?" (Y/n) mentally face palmed at her response to David, "I'm calling for the job offering?"

"Oh yes! Gwen was just telling me about the ad she place on the newspaper!"

"Haha..yeah," (y/n) messed with her hair as David ask her to swing by Camp to have an interview.

After agreeing to meet the next day, both hung up. (Y/n) began to pick up her belongings, placed them into her backpack and went along her day.

~~~

David scurried along the mess hall, hurrying camper to leave to go on the hike with Gwen. It was the day after the phone call with (y/n) and it was the day of her interview.

After much convincing Gwen to let him interview her, she agreed to take the campers to the hike. It should give David and (y/n) time to be able to have the interview.

As the campers we're leaving the mess hall, Gwen stood next to David and gave him a slight glare.

"Don't mess this up David! We need this new counselor!"

"Don't worry Gwen! I got all my questions right here," David pointed at his clipboard while smiling, "so I'll be able to ask her about everything!"

"We need the extra help David!" Gwen began to rub her temples, "and in a week from now we're getting two new campers and-"

"Like I said Gwen!" David interrupted her "I got this!"

Gwen left the mess hall while cursing under her breath, which went unoticed by David. All he cared about was the interview.

He knew this camp better than anyone else, infact he was so sure he was going to ask all the right questions to see if (y/n) is a great fit for Camp Campbell.

After everyone left for the hike, David went towards the front of the camp. He looked down at his watch, when someone pull up onto the front.

David looked up to see a girl getting out of her car. His face became flushed at the sight of her, his eyes locked onto her. She looked around, until her eyes met David, suddenly, her face lit up as she rushed over to him.

"Hi! I'm (y/n)! I'm here for the job interview, you must be David!"

David blushed harder, looked down at his clipboard. He looked up again and smiled. David couldn't help his flushed face as he replied instantly.

"Hi-ya! Yes, I'm David!"

"I'm so glad I made it on time," (Y/n) shook his hand instantly, "I couldn't find the right turn and had to go back around!"

As (y/n) talked, David took a good look at her and her outfit. She had a simple outfit on, a nice blue jacket with a pair of ripped jean-shorts. She had little to no makeup on. Her sweater reminded him a lot of Max's.

(Y/n) seemed to taken kindly to his suggestion of casual clothes. He did told her to dress as if she's meeting an old friend and not a job interview. But he couldn't understand why he was blushing so much.

After their introduction David led (y/n) towards the main cabin. He opened the door for her (like a true gentleman would!) And showed her to a seat.

"Well first things first," David looked at her with a small smile, "what's your best skill?"

"I'm a creative person," (y/n) said confidently, "I also like to think that I can make any situation fun for anyone!"

~~~

After a surprising short interview David seemed to be more drawn towards (y/n). Just the way she talked, he couldn't help but smile at her as she spoke.

"Well (y/n)," David started, "I'd like welcome you to the Camp Campbell family!"

(Y/n) giggled at David as he shook her hand.

"I can give you as much time as you need to pack your things!" David cheered

"Sounds good! I'll probably only take an afternoon at most though David,"

"Sure thing! I'll also give you your official uniform t-shirt!" David said as he got up, being followed out by (y/n).

"Sounds good! I can't wait to meet the campers," (y/n) said with a smile as she got inside her car.

David watched as she drove off with a smile a blush.

~~~

It was the next day and (y/n) arrived bright and early with her bags and wearing her new uniform. Her blue jacket was tied around her waist and she had white sneakers and black shorts.

She began to walk towards the mess hall after dropping off her belongings in her cabin as she felt someone staring at her. (Y/n) looked around to find a small boy with black hair and a similar jacket glaring at her.

"Hi!" (Y/n) walked closer, "I'm your new counsler (Y/n)! Have you had breakfast yet?"

The boy looked up and glared harder, "no" he finally mumbled out "I'm just here to see how long it'll take for you to break and leave this awful place."

"I don't think that's going to happen!" (Y/n) said with an eyebrow raise "so what's your name little fella?"

"Max..." He mumbled as he looked up at her

"Well Max, let's go and eat breakfast together alright?" (Y/n) said as she offered her hand

"Fine," Max said taking her hand, "but I expect my coffee, black!"

"Alright alright, sweater buddy!"

"Don't call me that,"