chapter 23

Gages pov

    It was a hard morning my head ached and my face hurt. My eyes were puffy and red. I felt as if I'd been hit be a Mack truck. I woke up in my bed alone. I sat up slowly and looked around my room. Easton was not in the bedroom. I pulled the covers off and slid out of bed. I headed into my bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth and headed downstairs. It was quiet in the house more so then it has been here lately. Easton had been staying with me so mornings where noisy as we usually  goofed around and made breakfast and packed our lunch as we got ready for school. 

  I poked my head into the livingroom but it was empty the kitchen as well. Where did go? Don't tell me he left after he put me to bed last night. My heart kind of pinged at the thought. I understand that he is having a hard time right now but he wouldn't just leave me alone to go look for her right? I happen to glimpse outside the back patio door and see Easton in a chair outside talking on his phone. I walk up to the large French doors and I hear his end of the conversation with someone.

  "No I told you everything I know... talking to the others won't help you.. I'm telling you because I know that... no they are scared too... yes most of them are runaways they don't want to be found... you did what? No... I won't go back. You have no idea what those people have done to me. I will disappear before you ever find me if you do that. I refuse to go back. Yeah right that's what you have bullshitted me with my whole life. None of you have ever believed me, I've been through 9...9 fucking families and I'm telling you fuck off I will never go back I'll be 18 in a month anyway. Don't waste your time, I called because I wanted to know if you had any leads on Chelsea. But if you don't then goodbye officer. I'll call again later but you won't be reaching me at this number. If you need me call the shelter. I watch as he hangs up the phone then throws it onto the ground shattering it before kicking it into the pool.

  I stand there for a minute before opening the door and going out. He doesn't move and I slide my arms around him, hugging him. "Easton I'm sorry i wasn't trying to overhear anything, but did they happen to get any leads?" I ask quietly. He wraps his arms around me pulling me tighter. I feel his shake, I left my head off his shoulder, looking at his face. His eyes are red, hair sticking out everywhere, his expression however was blank like he wasn't even with me here at this point in time but lost in memories. Stepping back a little but not out of his hold, I place my hands on his face and gently rub his cheeks and run my hands through his hair. After a minute his eyes connect with mine and he seems slightly startled. "Gage? When did you get out here?" Easton questions me.

  I smile a small smile at him," I've been out here a minute. Are you ok? I wasn't trying to overhear anything, but did they happen to get any leads?" I don't mention that I heard him about anything else. If he wants to talk about it he will in his own time. I would love it if Easton opened up to me more. I know there is alot more to this amazing boy then just what he has shown and told me. I know I really really like him perhaps on the cusp of love, I also know that this developing relationship is going slow in a few places and alot faster in others but I'm ok with it. Easton is worth the time and effort. I never thought I would get the chance to be with him. He was the straight boy who played sports, did his work and would disappear after school. I can not believe that it took me six years to finally have the courage to do something about it. It really is thanks to Jake, if he hadn't done anything to me, I wouldn't have come up with the plan in the locker room. I knew Easton was going to be there because I had been watching him for awhile by then. I could only ever catch him in the mornings. After school, even after practice, he would go shower hop on his bike and bam gone. I couldn't follow, my car couldn't go all the place his bike zipped through. I eventually paid the janitor, $300 to find out when he comes in the mornings.

Be My Allजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें