Fourth of July

Laura's POV: 
I hold the camera close to Ross' face as I ask, "So Ross, what are you doing?" He laughs, his eyes crinkling, as he leans away from the camera, "Ready to get this Fourth started." "Uh yeahhh," I say, drawing out the h longer than usual, "How awesome is America?" "Pretty awesome." he smirks, leaning past the camera view to kiss my cheek. I smile as he leans back to his previous position, glancing at Rocky as he walks outside. "I don't know about you, but I'm ready to see these fireworks." "That and I'm ready to kiss this girl under the fireworks." I raise my eyebrows, the smile evident on my face, "Oh, this girl sounds special." "Very special." he says without hesitation, his eyes taking in my body.

"Here you guys come stand in front of the backdrop." Stormie says as she walks past us. "Mom." Ross whines, his fingers slipping between mine. "Just one picture, Ross." "Come on." I giggle, standing up from my chair, pulling Ross up with me. "One." Ross says as we make our way over to the American flag backdrop. I nudge him as Stormie gets her camera ready, "Why are you being like this?" "Because my mom always gets on a roll while taking pictures. If I don't put a limit on it, she will turn this into a Raura photo shoot." "I think it's sweet. She's like our biggest fan." "She's not like our biggest fan, sheis our biggest fan." "And what's so wrong with that?" "Nothing is wrong with that. It's just somethings I want to keep private. Yes, I want the world to know you're mine, but sometimes it's nice to just feel normal and keep something for ourselves instead of flaunting it to the world." he says, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Okay guys, smile." Stormie speaks up. "Come on, for me." I whisper before facing the camera, a smile plastered on my face.

-------

"Someone has an admirer." I smirk at Rydel. She glances across from us at Ratliff who is unable to stop himself from glancing at Rydel who sits beside me as we dip our feet into the pool. "I could say the same for you." she laughs, nodding her head in the direction of Ross where he stands beside Mark, helping him grill. "Well Ross and I are dating so I wouldn't expect less. Come on Rydel, you guys so like each other." She rubs her hands across her face, "Maybe just a little." I squeal, clapping my hands, "You guys are so cute." "Stop, he's looking over here." she says, slapping my hands which makes me laugh. "Why don't you guys just get together already? Finally give the fans what they want, the amazing ship Rydellington." Her cheeks turn pink at the ship name, and she giggles. "I think we are both just waiting for the right time." she says, her eyes avoiding mine as she smiles. 

"Hey Laur, help me in the kitchen?" "I'll be right back." I tell Rydel, standing and allowing Ross to grab onto my hands. "Actually now that you're up, I think I want to do something else." I raise my eyebrows, "Okay-" Ross shoves my hands sending me flying back and into the pool, the water taking me under. I scream as I come up from the water, opening my eyes to find my smirking boyfriend and his laughing family. "Ross Lynch." I say, trying to act mad, but I'm unable to hide my smile as I move my arms and legs around to be able to stay above water. "You look cute wet." he grins, bending down as I swim over to help me out. "I'm sure that's not the first time he's said that to Laura." Rocky yells causing my cheeks to harshly burn. "Rocky!" Stormie scolds from across the yard. I rub at my cheeks hoping that the redness is not noticeable in the darkness.

Ross throws his head back laughing as he grasps my hands in his and helps me out, water dripping from my hair and clothes. "Ah, Laura is blushing." Riker adds onto the commotion causing anyone that wasn't looking at me to turn and steal a glance. "You guys leave her alone." Rydel says, handing Ross a towel from behind her. I smile at her, showing my appreciation, as Ross wraps the soft material around my shoulders. I shrug the material off my shoulders causing Ross to speak up, "What are you doing-" "This." I speak, jerking his hand and pulling him and myself into the cold water on this hot Summer day.

I come up from the water to find him already pushing his hair from his face, his smile never failing. "Well played, beautiful." His hands grip my waist, pulling me closer to where his wet forehead rests against mine. His steady breaths hit my mouth as he leans in closer, slowly closing the gap between us. Loud crashes are heard causing us to jump away from each other at the sudden noise. Ross lets out a chuckle as we look up at the sky to find the loud noise to be illuminating beautiful colors into the sky. "Happy Fourth of July, Ross." I whisper, hypnotized by the fireworks on the night sky. "Happy Fourth, Laur." His fingers bring my chin down to where our eyes meet. His lips meet mine as the noises continue in the sky, my arms wrapping around his neck.