Needs...Part 2

Ross' POV:

"And she didn't say why?" "Nope she just said she needed time. Time for what? What did I do?" Riker sighs as he stares at me from the couch on the opposite side of the room. "And there's nothing you can think of that could have made her upset?" I shake my head, my hands running through my blonde strands, messing them up more if even possible, "Not that I can think of. It was all just so sudden." "Well I know you and Laura. You guys are going to get through this and work it out. I mean, you guys have been inseparable since the show started. Nothing is going to ruin you guys." "I don't know. This time is different. She wouldn't even tell me what I did wrong." "Have you tried calling her?" "Too many times to count." I mumble, putting my face into my hands, elbows propped on my knees. "Maybe she's just busy and-"

My phone vibrates in my pocket making me jump up, hoping it's my girlfriend finally deciding to call me back. My brows furrow when I get a look at the screen, the number unrecognizable. "What? Is it her?" Riker asks from his position on the couch. My hand turns my phone to where he can see the screen, "You know this number?" He studies it for a minute before shaking his head, reaching over to decline the call. "Hey! What if it was someone important?" "Then they can leave a voicemail." he shrugs. "My voicemail isn't set up incase my number gets leaked!" I say. "It was probably some obsessed fangirl that would talk your head off because you're too nice to tell someone you have to go." Riker says as I sit beside him on the couch. "Or it could have been an important call." I mutter, pushing my hair from my face. "If it is, they will call back. Chill out man. This way if Laura calls back you will be able to answer." "She's not going to call." I frown, leaning back into the couch, unable to get comfortable. "Tell you what, I'll go downtown to that old movie place and rent us a few movies and get some candy to get your mind off of things. Sound okay?" "Whatever." I shrug as he stands. "Just try not to think so much man. You guys are going to get through this." he says as he stands from the couch.

I hear the front door close as thunder sounds in the sky, the rain somehow soothing my emotions. The house in abnormally quiet in conclusion to me being the only person home. I unlock my phone, immediately going to Laura's contact. My thumb almost hits the call button, but a knock sounds on the front door. I groan, "Really Riker? Open the door yourself." My legs make their way to the front door, and I open it, surprised at who I see. "Ross, move. It's bloody cold." she giggles. I quickly move to the side, and she steps past me, wet from head to toe. "Maia, what are you doing here?" She hurriedly takes off her jacket, throwing it onto the coat rack before trying to squeeze some of the wetness from her clothes. "I was in LA for an audition so I thought I would stop by." "Here come with me. We will get you some clothes to change into." "Thanks, Ross." She smiles as we go down the hall towards the stairs. "It's really no problem." I speak as we get to my room. I pull out a pair of boxers and an old t-shirt from a drawer before handing them to her. "You know where the bathroom is right?" "Yeah. I'm just going to shower real fast, and then I'll meet you downstairs?" "Sounds good." I nod as we walk out of my room. I hear the bathroom door click shut as I make my way back downstairs, checking my phone as I go to find a text from Riker: Stuck in traffic because of this horrible storm. Shouldn't be too long. I'm about to text back when my phone dies. I set it on the counter, not bothering to charge it. I mean the only person I want to hear from is Laura, and that's not going to happen.

I place a bag of popcorn into the microwave thinking it would be nice to have a snack ready for Maia once she gets done with the shower. "Hey, hope it's okay I just put my clothes in the dryer." I nod as I turn around, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet above me before taking the bag from the microwave and emptying it. "Yeah, that's fine." She grins at me as she takes a seat at the kitchen table, me joining her. "Thanks." she speaks as she takes a mouthful of popcorn. I laugh, "No problem, Aussie." "So how's Laura?" My eyes lose her's and take a place on the floor as I shrug, "I'm honestly not sure." "Ross, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up. Is everything okay?" I stand to make my way to the refrigerator to get drinks, "No, its fine. You didn't know. But how about you, any guys in your life?" "Not really," she shrugs, "I find it hard to even think about dating when I'm so busy, you know?" I nod even though I don't know. No matter how much work I had, Laura and I have always made time for each other. I mean it's easy when working on the same set, but even when on tour as soon as I was off the stage, she was the first person I contacted. "Are you just going to stare at that pitcher of lemonade or pour some?" she giggles, snapping me from my thoughts. I manage a smile as I pour two glasses, placing both of them on the table before I put the pitcher back in the fridge.

"So we could watch a movie-" I start to suggest when the lights cut out. "Or not." I mumble. Maia giggles as she stands from the table, thunder sounding, "Why don't we get some candles and then maybe play a board game or something?" I scoff, "What are we five?" "Hey, board games are not just for little kids! My little brother and I play them all the time!" She walks behind me as we make our way to the den/rec room where my mom keeps candles of the current season causing the house to smell like pumpkins when she lights them. "And I'm guessing you're the one that suggests you guys play them." She swats at my shoulder which I dodge, picking up a lighter, laughter spilling from my lips.

------

"Your turn." Maia smirks, shoving the dice towards me. "I can't even remember the last time I've played Monopoly." I speak, picking up the dice before moving my piece eight times around the board. "I can tell considering how bad you are." she giggles. I stick my bottom lip out, pretending to pout as I roll onto my back, landing on the game board. "Ross!" she shrieks, standing up, "You're messing the whole board up." I start to laugh as I gaze up at her in the dim lit room, "This reminds of one time Laura and I-" I cut off when I remember we aren't speaking, closing my eyes. "You and Laura what?" Maia speaks quietly. "Nothing." I mutter, sitting up. "You know, I'm not sure what happened or even if anything did, but it won't hurt to talk about it." "One time Laura and I were playing a board game with this little girl on set." I start as Maia sits down beside me, "Mhm?" "And Laur is like one of the most competitive people I know-"

"Ross, seriously?" A voice asks from the hallway making me jump. "Riker, hey. What's up?" "Are you insane?" My eyebrows raise, "What's up, bro?" "Laura is in the hospital!" he yells, throwing his hands in the air. I immediately stand and push past him, heading for the front door, "Is she okay?" "They had just found her when they called me. You would know, but you didn't answer your phone when I called to try and tell you, and then I come home to find you sitting in candlelight with another girl. Did you forget that you were trying to fix things with your girlfriend?" I'm at the front door when I turn around and face my brother, my vision blurring, "Take me to Laura." "What, you don't want to bring Maia along?" I scoff, turning for the door, grabbing my coat, "I'll drive myself." I throw my coat over my head, thunder rumbling after lightning flashes in the sky, the rain blinding, as I walk towards my car. I get the car door open when a hand grips my shoulder causing me to turn around. "You don't need to drive when you're so upset. Maia explained everything to me, and I'm sorry for what I said. Just get into the passenger seat, and we'll get going." I manage a nod, walking to the other side of the car and getting in. My head presses against the cold glass window after I fasten my seatbelt, praying with everything I have she is okay.