Chapter Eighteen: Demon VS Cybertronian Gladiator Pt1

(Youkai Academy)
(Headmaster's Office)

"But Headmaster sir, isn't sending someone to death going a little too far?" Miss Nekenome pleaded.

The cat-theme homeroom teacher, along with Kento, standing next to her, were talking to an elderly gentleman, who's sitting at the desk in the middle of the room. The man's attire was that of a long white coat that concealed his appearance.

I've made my decision, Miss Nekonome and Mr. Kento." The Headmaster replied to the two teachers. 

"But, Sir." Kento shouted out, making Miss Nekenome step back a bit. "This isn't right!! There has to be a another way! There must be a loophole to all of this!"

"But what about Mr. Martin? If he's a human, isn't that the more reason NOT to kill him?" Miss Nekonome asked, trying a different tactic. Maybe if she reminded the Headmaster what the school was all about, that might persuade him to reconsider.

"Assuming he IS put to death, it means it was his fate." The Headmaster answered, undeterred.

This is NOT what Miss Nekonome signed up for. She was all for teaching students and punishing them when necessary... but killing someone just to get a lesson across? She left the room, crying.

Kento watched her go, then turned back to the Headmaster. "You have no idea of what you're about to do." He all but growled. "You are about to witness a war between two demons, and I'll give you a heads-up; that demon isn't me." With that, he walked out of the office, slamming the doors shut behind him, and headed off to find Miss Nekenome.

When the doors slammed shut, the Headmaster spun in his chair to look out the window; he had a perfect view of the execution.

~*~*~
(Courtyard)

'How do I end up in these kinds of messes? Should I just have ignored my exchange?' Braedey thought, hanging from a crucifix

All around, almost every student of the academy were standing before the crucifix, whilst the Student Committee were all standing to form a barrier before the human that was about to be executed. The students were yelling out to call the execution at once, while a small percentage of them didn't wish to see this, but they don't want to see this happen.

Images of the people Braedey had met here in Youkai Academy flashed through his mind. Gin, Mizore, Ruby, Yukari, Kurumu... and Moka. Braedey started to chuckle. It was funny, after all the times he almost died; The Transformatrix's self-destruct mode, almost drowning deep under the sea, and even when he was about to suffocate in the vacuum of space. NOW, he really was about to die.

"Are you so afraid to die, you're cracking up?" Kuyou asked with a raised eyebrow, looking up at him from his grandstand.

"I've been through worse than you know, believe or not." Braedey responded back to him.