Chapter Twenty-Seven: Meeting Mum

(Martin Household)
(Coolsville)

It was a calm and quiet day. All the houses in the suburban neighbourhood had unique colour schemes and designs, but there were two similarities they were all lined up evenly along the black road and appeared to be only one-story tall.

In the Martin house, Naomi was currently working in the backyard garden, putting in some new lavender flowers and roses into the garden beds. She didn't mind doing the garden, but it was too quiet without Braedey around the home. He made jobs around the house so much easier.

Just then, the doorbell rang, getting the Martin woman's attention. She cleaned her hands and knees of the dirt on them, and headed off to the front door. "Hello?" He opened the door, and to his surprise, there was Braedey standing there at the doorway. "Braedey..." Naomi muttered in surprise.

"Hey, Mum." Braedey grinned a little. "Sorry if I'm interrupting something."

A moment later, the brunette shapeshifter was now in the kitchen, whilst Naomi was getting a cup of coffee. She looked over to her son, and she could see him get some of his school photos out, some of them he puts face down, making her raise an eyebrow to. She shook her head, and continued to have her coffee.

"So, how have things been for you at school, Braedey?" Naomi asked. She was rather curious as to how her son had done at Youkai Academy.

Over the next few minutes, Braedey began to explain to his mother about what has been happening at Youkai Academy, but all the while, keeping the secret of monsters and other such things under wraps. He did mention one or two times about Moka's little sister Kokoa being a pain, but he said she's just had some bad times, and having issues.

Naomi sighed in relief, knowing her son is doing great in school. Just then, the doorbell rang again. "Hmm. I wonder who it might be. Coming!" She walked over to the door, as Braedey got himself a drink of cola.

The sound of glass breaking and a scream got Braedey's attention, just as he spat out his drink. He sprinted over to the front door, seeing his mother having fallen over, which caused a nearby vase to fall off the table and hit the ground.

"Mum! Are you okay?" Braedey asked, helping up his mother to her feet.

"There's this girl at the front door, and she says she knows you." Naomi informed. Braedey looked over to see who it was that's standing by the doorframe, and to his surprise, there was Moka standing there, a smile on her face.

"Moka?" Braedey's jaw dropped in shock, as his eyes were as wide as dinner plates

"I guess my arrival was unexpected." Moka said, then giggled a little, her eyes closed.

~*~*~
(Braedey's Bedroom)

"So, this is your bedroom? It's so big and lovely. And there's so much space to move around in."