Chapter Forty-Three: Music Battle

Things had gone pretty well for the Newspaper Club for the past few days since Braedey and Moka had gotten back from space. Stories had been churning up and out on the latest events, but with a new article: Cybertron Activities. Considering that the truth got out around the school that aliens existed, thanks to the Human/Autobot Alliance showing up that day, students were buzzing around on events. They wanted to know more about the world outside of their own, so they had to go with what they knew about the worlds that Braedey had learned about from his forms. Though the work would have gone much better and smoothly had there been less bumps in the road.

Braedey, however, seemed like he was distracted by something, and hadn't turned up for the Club. He had been constantly switching to Ratchet most of the time and twiddled with the Transformatrix dial on his chest, while taking notes of some kind that he hung on the walls. So far, a large corner of the room looked like one of those conspiracy rooms where you'd find dozens of papers hanging from the ceiling detailing possible connections with each other.

Finally, Yukari, who was the only one present at the moment, asked him what was going on. "Umm, Braedey? I'm sorry to ask, but what are you doing?"

"I am attempting to use dialectic tones to uncover full CNA biometric utilisation for optimal combat capability in future battles. Thus, configuring the Transformatrix to its previous setting, which will allow me to acquire complete stability, without the finalization of worrying about a genetic code rewrite of the selected CNA." Ratchet said as if it was obvious... before he turned to see Yukari's face.

Yukari was looking at him with full cluelessness. She may be a genius by Earth standards, but it became clear to her that the intelligence of alien life forms were far beyond her understanding. "Umm... what does that mean?" She asked dumbly as she couldn't think of a smarter comment.

"I'm trying to unlock the Master Control of the Transformatrix." Ratchet explained simply.

Yukari blinked. "You mean that function Alpha Trion gave to you when we were in Egypt a few weeks back?" She asked.

Ratchet explained further, while he continued to dial in another combination. "Precisely. It's a special program that adds a master function. Basically, it allows access to change me into my forms without the need to dial in a form. And, as an added bonus, also gives me unlimited timing too will utilising a safety lock to keep any of the form's influence from taking over me."

Yukari looked by in slight awe about it, and nodded. "Wow! That actually sounds like it would be really useful. But, why do you need to look for the dial code?" She asked.

"The Master Control is contained in a specific dial sequence code, that I need to decipher if I want to unlock it. I had it once before when I was ten." Ratchet answered, before he wrote down something that Yukari thought were statistic charts and combination codes for dialing. After that, he went for another code. "But, I stupidly reset it when Unicron had it, thinking he wouldn't be able to use it, but it turns out he would've been able to unlock it himself. Thankfully, I got it back before he could merge with it. And that was when I was ten. Plus, after the battle of Egypt, and after restoring Cybertron, the watch reset itself, and the Master Control was shut off."

Yukari thought about it. "Why not ask Alpha Trion to give it to you?"

At that moment, the dial turned red and Ratchet then changed back, as Braedey sighed, sitting in his chair. "I think he might've forgotten it too. That, and I told myself I'd figure it out on my own." He looked to Yukari, as she didn't seem to believe it as Braedey sighed. "I also tried to once, but they said they try to get around it... in two years."