Chapter Fifty-Two: Moka's Mother

(Youkai Academy)

It's only been about a week since the 'Blue Moon' fiasco, and now, Kurumu and Kento were now officially a couple. This was a bit of a surprise for most of the Newspaper Club, but Braedey and Moka knew about it. Yukari and Mizore were pleased to hear the news, and they welcomed their relationship. Gin, meanwhile, was steaming to himself, knowing another lovely woman in his club was now taken.

Around the academy, Kento and Kurumu would walk about during the lunch breaks, with the succubus' arm locked around Kento's. Unbeknownst to them, a few male students glared at Kento in obvious jealousy for him being so close to a beautiful girl like Kurumu. A few female students were also envious of Kurumu for having her arm locked around one belonging to an attractive guy. However, they didn't want to intervene, especially when they saw Braedey talking to Kento every now and then, making those run off in worry.

~*~*~
(That Night)
(Rooftop)

At night, Braedey, now dressed in a black under armour T-shirt, and black sweat pants, and did some training on his dorm's roof

At night, Braedey, now dressed in a black under armour T-shirt, and black sweat pants, and did some training on his dorm's roof. Braedey had been doing it for some time ever since he arrived at Youkai Academy. While he relied on his forms in a tough fight, he couldn't rely on the Transformatrix all the time. Without it, he was just still just a human. His Grandpa Jackson and Jessie had been training him for the past 5 years and while not a black belt like Jessie, he knew how to defend himself. Now, with his vampiric powers, he has an ace-in-the-hole.

He was presently performing a kata Jessie had shown him, along with his Cybertronian version of Kung-Fu. And, there was something bigger on his mind...

"Braedey?" Moka's voice called out, getting the boy's attention as he stumbled a bit, almost tripping over his own two feet. Once he balanced himself, he turned towards the doorway, and saw Moka, standing there with a look of worry on her face.

Relaxing his breathing, Braedey sighed, as she walked over to him, and waved to her. "Hey, Moka. Didn't know you were still awake."

Moka blushed, feeling awkward about that. "Well, you just looked a bit troubled during the study session, that's all. I wanted to see if you were doing alright." But she figured it wasn't a subject to get into, so she changed it again. "So, what were you doing before I got here?"

Braedey shrugged. "Oh, nothing much. Just some martial arts and kata."

The two remained silent, as they leaned on the railing on the roof. Until Braedey finally spoke up. "Hey, Moka? Do you miss your mother?" He asked next.

Moka looked to Braedey, then she held her hands together. "Well... it's been a while since I've ever seen my mother. It's always been me, Kokoa, and father." She admitted to him. She then saw Braedey was now checking through his phone. "Is there something wrong?" She asked.

"Well, my mother said she's meeting up with Chika and Kento's mothers at home." Braedey informed to Moka. "I guess they just wanted to talk and catch up."