Chapter Fifty-Eight: Relic Hunt Pt3

Previously...

"How far are Braedey and Kento's teams?" Rex asked, now taking control from Chika.

"Braedey is about 50 or so miles away, while Kento is 10 miles behind them." Yukari informed. "We'll meet up with them at Stonehenge in a little while."

"Rex, keep the throttle open." Jessie ordered.

"I'm already ahead of you." Rex acknowledged, turning the Valkyrie towards the direction of Stonehenge.

~*~*~

Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England, two miles (3km) west of Amesbury

Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England, two miles (3km) west of Amesbury. It consists of a ring of standing stones, each around 13ft (4.0m) high, seven feet (2.1m) wide, and weighing around 25 tonnes. The stones are set within earthworks in the middle of the most dense complex of Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, including several hundred tumuli (burial mounds).

Archaeologists believe its constructed from 3000BC to 2000BC. The surrounding circular earth bank and ditch, which constitute the earliest phase of the monument, have been dated to about 3100 BC. Radiocarbon dating suggests that the first bluestones were raised between 2400 and 2200BC, although they may have been at the site as early as 3000BC. Stonehenge might have been a burial ground from its earliest beginnings. Deposits containing human bone date from as early as 3000BC, when the ditch and bank were first dug, and continued for at least another 500 years.

The Valkyrie landed about 100m away, just to keep clear of the previous monument. After they landed, Rex and Jessie, along with Yukari, Mizore, and Chika all stepped out of the Valkyrie, awaiting for Kento and Braedey to arrive. They all looked over to the old rock monument before them, all the while with wondering why the clue would lead them here of all places.

"When will they get here?" Yukari asked in concern. "I mean, who knows when they'll show up."

"I'm sure they'll make it." Jessie asserted back. "I know it."

At that moment, Bumblebee raced into view with a red McLaren 570S behind it. The two cars pulled up nearby the Valkyrie, Bumblebee vanishing in the blue flash, revealing Braedey, Moka, and Kurumu, while Kento and Jento stepping out of the McLaren.

"Okay. We're here." Kento said to Braedey and the others. "So, what exactly are we looking for?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean, we're looking at a pile of stones." Rex shrugged, only to get an elbow to the chest by Jessie.

"I think we could look around on the stones, maybe find anything that signifies anything Cybertronian." Braedey suggested to the others. "Best we go and take a look around us, and try to see if there's anything there."

Braedey, Rex, Kento, Jento, Jessie, Moka, Kurumu, Mizore, Yukari, and Chika all began to take a look around the stones, all the while with respecting the ancient monument. As they made their way all around the stones, one particular stone seemed to get Jento's attention, as she whistled the others over, and she then pointed over to the stone.