A Second Chance

As the duo of the two Kamen Riders fell short at the event, Y/N was angry at himself as he didn't put up enough effort on winning. This didn't go unnoticed by Jack as he tried to console his partner.

Jack: Dude, just chill alright. We showed everyone what we are capable of, and that's fine.

Y/N: You don't understand Jack, everything we worked for gone in an instant. Do you understand that?

Jack: Of course, jeez! You need to cool down, luckily, there's a break for us students. Use that time to think about it.

He said as he kept his looks at the H/C, in return, he glared right back at Jack.

Jack: We did our best out there, win or lose, we brought our game. Just let that sink in for a while, maybe you will understand that there is more than just winning.

And with that, Jack left, leaving the H/C haired teen standing on his spot, clenching his fist as he punched the wall.

Tsukasa: That wall won't fight back. Of course, being inanimated or anything.

Tsukasa said as he walked out of the shadows, his hands on his pockets as he looks at the defeated Y/N.

Y/N: What are you doing here? Here to give me a lesson on how I fail?

Tsukasa: That would be the case, but no. I'm here to tell you about having a break. It was said that you will be having some break before the event continues.

He said as he walked away, not until he stopped and took one last glance at the H/Cnette.

Tsukasa: Word of advice, something tells me that you'll be entering the next round. But, I guess my mind reading skills are dull or should I say, I was washing my brain for it.

With those cryptic words, he left completely, leaving the angry, yet confused rider standing alone.

Y/N: What the hell was that all about?

He said to himself as he decided to walk out the arena to get some fresh air, trying to forget what had happened back at the last event.

Y/N: Maybe they were right, I guess there is more than just winning.

He said to himself as he got out of the arena, walking around as he saw some stalls over the outside of the arena. He had to clear his thoughts for the moment before heading back in for the last event, even though he wasn't going to be a part of it.

He found himself in front of an entrance of a booth, looking up at it as he went inside to even clear up his thoughts alone.

Once he was inside, he saw hallways filled with mirror on the side of the walls as it filled with his reflection. Seeing that he had came a long way, but it wasn't enough to get to the next event.

Y/N: Am I even worthy to wield this power that I have?

???: Sure you are.

He heard this as he looked up, seeing nothing only his reflection as he looks around to see if he could find the source of it.

Y/N: Who's there?

He said as he looked around still, not knowing what to expect. A little moment later, a figure appeared on the mirror.

 A little moment later, a figure appeared on the mirror

???: Hello!

The figure have a short black hair, crimson red eyes, he appears to be wearing a blue jacket, some jogging pants, and a pair of sneakers as he looks at Y/N. In which, he was startled about this matter.

Y/N: Who are you!

Shinji: Shinji Kido, Kamen Rider Ryuki!

He smiled as he looked at him, nit knowing what to expect, rather, talking in a mirror.

Y/N: What do you want from me?

Shinji: Well, I just wanna tell you something.

Y/N: And that is?

Shinji: There is more than just winning.

As simple as that he said, but the H/C haired teen already heard it a bunch of times today. What would be more different coming from him?

Shinji: Don't always rely on winning things, you need to at least accept defeat. It's okay to lose, just pick yourself up and start again. Better and stronger than ever before. Remember, your friends are right behind you. They will support you in any way they can.

This hit him like a truck in reality, looking down at how he acted earlier on as he released a small sigh, gaining his full attention back to Shinji.

Y/N: I understand. Thank you, I'll remember what you have said.

And with that he left, leaving the labyrinth of mirrors as the reflection of Shinji fades away.

A couple of moments later, Y/N found himself back at the arena, with a little more time to spare, seeing that the next event will start at any moment now.

He sat down on the bleachers as he knows that he won't be participating soon enough as he was there to cheer for his classmates. Not until, two figure spoke up.

Ojiro: I want to step out of the event.

???: M-Me as well...

This cause everyone in a surprise as they were confused, luckily enough, they explained that they weren't aware during the 2nd event the whole time as Midnight allowed it.

Midnight: Well, I guess two new spots are open, and it just so happens that the next team under Team Shinso is none other than, Team Y/N.

The two of them stood up from where they were seated as they looked at each other, nodding as they went down immediately.

A little later, they arrived and went into line, replacing the student from 1-B and Ojiro. They sighed with relief as they bumped fist, unaware that their class was watching the both of them.

Midnight: Alright! Now, let's get ready for the event. The matches will be determined in a draw lots.

She said as she begins to draw one by one. A couple of minutes later, the board was filled with the names. Y/N took a moment to look at it.

1st Match: Izuku Midoriya vs Hitoshi Shinso
2nd Match: Shoto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero
3rd Match: Ibara Shiozaki vs Jack Storm
4th Match: Tenya Iida vs Mei Hatsume
5th Match: Mina Ashido vs Y/N L/N
6th Match: Fumikage Tokoyami vs Momo Yaoyorozu
7th Match: Eijiro Kirishima vs Denki Kaminari
8th Match: Katsuki Bakugo vs Ochaco Uraraka

Y/N took a small breath and sighed, returning to the bleachers as he cleared his mind. Focusing on his first battle.

"A shot at redemption, I won't fail this time."