nine.

I sat at the meeting table, Natasha on one side of me and Wanda on the other, Steve sitting across from me as he looked up at me every so often, wanting to gauge how I was feeling

I sat at the meeting table, Natasha on one side of me and Wanda on the other, Steve sitting across from me as he looked up at me every so often, wanting to gauge how I was feeling. I purposely avoiding eye contact with him as I looked straight at Secretary Ross, trying to make him feel a bit uneasy as he gave us his big speech.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass" He started, pushing one hand into his pocket as he gestured the air with his free hand, looking at all of us, mostly Tony who was sitting at the head of the table looking very bored and over it.

"I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective" he said as Rhodey nodded his head, obviously being able to relate, but where ever this chat was going I could tell Rhodey would be agreeing no matter what. "The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some who would prefer the word vigilantes" he said as I put one hand into the table, leaning forward a little bit as Ross looked over at me.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" I asked him as I cocked my head to the side, Ross doing the same as me as he thought about it for a moment. "How about 'dangerous'?" he said as he looked away from me, letting me roll my eyes without consequences as everyone turned back towards the old man. "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" he asked us rhetorically as we all sat their silently, my eyes drifting towards the table.

Ross turned on the tv behind him, picking up the remote as news footage from the Battle of New York flashed onto screen, footage of the Hulk throwing a leviathan into a skyscraper as the whole thing blew up. "New York" Ross said as we all watched the footage, civilians dead bodies lying on the concrete as we fought the chitary army in the distance. Rhodey looked away, glancing at Natasha who looked away from him immediately, turning away from the tv.

"Washington DC" Ross said as he clicked. a button the footage changing to the three Insight helix arrives firing at each other before crashing into the Potomac and throwing a massive wave which engulfed citizens and the camera filming. I let out a breath as I was thrown back into the 2014, my breathing hitching as I watched, never having seen this video before because I was knocked out and dying at this point.

"Sokovia" he said as he switched the camera once again, the sound of terrifying citizens running away as the city was rising, a building falling straight off of the side as Wanda continued to stare at the screen, her eyes not moving one bit. "Lagos" he said finally as the footage of the burning building flashed onto the screen, paramedics moving a body of a small girl. Wanda finally looked away as I looked up at Steve who was also looking at the girl, his eyes looking over at me. A nod of my head told him to lean forward in his chair, putting his elbows on the table.

"Okay, that's enough" Steve said as Ross turned it off, silence filling the room as he set down the remote, all of us looking away as I stared at my hands, not knowing what to do. "For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision" he started, pulling both hands out of his pocket as he held them out in front of him, pursing his lips. "That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution" he said as he turned around, pulling out a tick white document as he slammed it onto the table with a loud bang, Wanda picking it up before sliding it over to Rhodey.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization" he said as I furrowed my eyebrows, Steve taking the accords and reading it over before passing it over to me, Natasha and I reading the cover page before I passed it to Vision. "Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary" he finished as Steve looked up at him, clasping his hands on the table as his knuckles went white, clearly angry.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that" he said as Ross looked over at him, not saying anything for a moment before nodding his head. "Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" he asked as the two men stared at each other for a moment, before Steve looked away, not wanting to retaliate. "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes you can bet there'd be consequences. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground" Ross said as Rhodey looked over at him, my eyes still following the thick white stack of papers as it landed in front of Tony.

"So, there are contingencies" Rhodey replied as Ross nodded his head, pushing both of his hands into his pockets. "Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords" Ross replied as he waved his hand at us, letting out a deep breath. "Talk it over" he added before no one spoke, all of us already having through ya racing through our heads. "And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asked him as he looked at her, shrugging his shoulders.

"Then you retire"

——

A/N: and the plot is startinggggg
civil war is one of my favourite MCU movies and plus I get to write ally meeting so many of my favourite characters so i'm looking forward to it that's for sure

A/N: and the plot is startinggggg civil war is one of my favourite MCU movies and plus I get to write ally meeting so many of my favourite characters so i'm looking forward to it that's for sure