thirteen.

I turned back to the bed, my suitcase lying flat and open as I rummaged through it for my bag with all my jewellery, not exactly about where all my clothes were going as I pulled out to small velvet bag, opening it and letting the small diamond pe...

I turned back to the bed, my suitcase lying flat and open as I rummaged through it for my bag with all my jewellery, not exactly about where all my clothes were going as I pulled out to small velvet bag, opening it and letting the small diamond pendant and matching earrings fall into my hand.

I heard the toilet flush as I made my way over to the small vanity desk that was in the hotel room, the TV playing in the background as I stood a bit far away, running my hands over my black dress as I looked at myself, my hair loosely curled as it fell over my shoulders, a red lipstick painted on my lips, much like how Peggy would have wanted to me look. I nodded my head slightly as I put my necklace down, attempting to put my earrings in without looking which was much more difficult than it had to me, picking up the necklace and clipping it around my neck.

I saw Steve come out of the bath room in the reflection, standing at the couch at he looked at the TV, grabbing the remote and turning the volume up as I turned around to watch it as well, pulling my hair from under my chain. "Later today, at the UN building the new Sokovia accords will be signed by over 100 countries" The news presenter said as I watched it, running my finger around my bottom lip to wipe off any smudged lipstick as I stared at the screen, B-roll of the UN building coming onto show.

"In attendance will be King T'Chaka of Wakanda, which will be his first public appearance of 2016" the news presenter said as Steve threw the remote down onto the couch, looking back over at me as I shrugged my shoulders, the blonde walking over to me slowly as he tied his tie around his white collar. "Sam said he'd meet us in the lobby" Steve told me as he stood across from me looking as he tied his tie, pushing the knot up as he looked over at me.

"There still over and hour till it starts we should get going soon, grab a cab" I told him as I reached over, taking his tie in my hands as I pulled the not a bit looser, pushing it up so it sat at his collar better before pulling it down and flattening it out. "We could walk, it isn't too far" he said to me with a shrug as I walked back over to the suitcase, rummaging through for my shoes. I pulled out the velvet draw string bag, pulling it open and pulling the black heels out of it, the red bottoms looking at me as I put them on the floor, slipping my feet into them.

"I suppose we could" I replied as I walked back over to him, now the same height as him as I dusted off his shoulders a little bit, Steve smiling at me. "Take all the casket weight on your shoulder" I told him as he laughed a little bit, nodding his head, knowing that everyone else carrying the casket was mostly Peggy's old friends, most of whom were older now. Steve's phone dinged as he fished it out of his pocket looking down at it as he looked back up at me.

"You should have said you wanted to care it too" he said to me as I shook my head, letting out a small breath as I looked over at him. "I'd rather not in all honesty" I said to him as I turned around, walking back over to my suitcase as I shoved everything inside of it, closing the zip as I pulled it off of the bed, rolling it against the wall next to Steve's as I looked over at him, picking up my black long coat from the bed as I sighed at him.

"We should head out"

!

We walked up the stairs of the large church, making our way into the entrance hall, the ornate marble floors complimenting the painted roof, which was a dome with windows, as people in black stood around speaking to es other softly. Steve and Sam stood by my sides as I saw Josh talking to a man, seeing me as he excused himself making his way over, his black suit identical to almost everyone else's in this room.

"Hi" he said to me as we hugged quickly, a small smile on my face as he nodded at Steve, introducing himself to Sam quickly as the other man replied with a firm handshake. "Did you get a cab okay?" he asked us as I raised my eyebrows, holding my bag by my side. "We walked actually, the hotel wasn't too far away" I said to him as I looked past his shoulder, seeing a familiar face as I looked back at Josh. "Give me a moment" I said to him as I turned around to Steve holding my hand out as he put his in mines. "Come with me" I said to him as I let him away from Sam and Josh, leaving them talking each other as I walked over to an older man with silver hair who was standing speaking to some people.

"Keller" I said to him as he saw me, smiling as he excused himself from the people he was talking to, slowly making his way over to Steve and I. "Alyona Ivankova" he said to me as he stood in front of me, a walking stick in his hand to keep his limp as I nodded my head at him. "It's nice to see you, and not on a TV screen for once" he said to me as I chuckled, turning to Steve who looks rather confused.

"Keller was SHIELD director once Peggy retired" I said to the blonde as he nodded his head, finally realising who I was talking to. "It's nice to meet you" Steve said as he put his hand out, Keller shaking it as he nodded his head. "You too, Captain" he replied as Steve smiled softly at him, looking down at his walking stick, not being able to see the prosthetic leg which was under his pant leg.

"Field mission gone wrong in my younger days" Keller said with a proud laugh as I nodded my head. "It stuck you behind a desk for the rest of your career" I said to him as he laughed, making me smile with my old colleague and he nodded his head as well. "Well it paid off eventually I guess" He said with a shrug as I laughed, knowing that after I was asked the position of director went straight to Keller, who was the agent who trained Fury when he first joined.

"Well, everything happens for a reason" I said to him with a soft smile, turning back to Steve as he looked at me with a gentle smile on his face, nodding his head lightly as the blue of his eyes, which were shining under the sun light from the windows above, melted into my brown ones.

——

A/N: another filler chapter because I really wanted someone from Peggy and Ally's past to show up here, and I was originally going to do Jack Thompson from Agent Carter, who if you remember interrogated Ally when she first arrived at SHIELD but I decided he'd probably be dead so I settled for Keller
please vote and comment and I will see you tomorrow

A/N: another filler chapter because I really wanted someone from Peggy and Ally's past to show up here, and I was originally going to do Jack Thompson from Agent Carter, who if you remember interrogated Ally when she first arrived at SHIELD but I ...