forty-six.

I walked down the hall of the compound, having returned here by myself as Tony went in hung for both Steve and Bucky

I walked down the hall of the compound, having returned here by myself as Tony went in hung for both Steve and Bucky. It was way to quiet in the compound for me to even act like it was a normal day, not a single worker walking the halls as we had completely closed down the Avengers compound over the next few days, only vital workers still here, including us.

My boots clapped along the floor as I set my hand on the scanner outside of the door to the living quarters, the lock clicking open as I pulled it open, walking into the kitchen as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. I turned to look at the windows, looking out at the green trees and grass and i took a sip from my bottle, setting it down at I put my hands on the counter, leaning into it as I bowed my head for a moment, taking a few deep breaths.

I made my way into the living quarters, seeing Natasha's room door completely open as I walked over to it, leaning against he door frame to see the red head sitting at the edge of her bed, staring at nothing. I crossed my arms as I let my head fall against the door frame, not saying anything as she looked over at me, a hint of a smile on her face. "Did Wilson tell you what you wanted?" she asked me as I nodded my head, walking into the room slowly, standing by her bed.

"Tony has gone now, I didn't want to go" I told her as she nodded her head at me, propping her foot on her bed as she rested her chin on her knee. "I'll see him when Tony brings him back" I said to her, not having to say Steve's name for her to know who I was talking about. Now that Tony had proof that Bucky was innocent we could easily cut both Steve and Bucky a deal with the government, which is a much bigger prospect than whatever would have happened to them.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her as I took a seat on her bed, leaning one hand back as I looked at her, her face unreadable at this current moment. "I don't think I want to stay here" she said quietly as she looked down at the ground. causing me to let out a breath as I nodded my head.

"Where are you going to go?" I asked her as she shrugged her shoulders, looking back over at me as she ran her hand through her hair, letting it fall over her shoulders. "Not here" she said quietly as I fell back on her head, setting one hand on my stomach as I moved the other behind my back, looking over at Nat who laid down next to me. "What happens if I need you?" I asked her as we both stared at the white ceiling, Nat letting out a deep breath.

"You've survived without me before" she said to me as I didn't reply, my breathing syncing up to hers subconsciously for a moment. "Yeah but I like it better when you are here" I replied, knowing that at this stage Natasha was one of the only people I was going to have left, the whole team falling apart at the seams.

"You know, for once I thought I was doing the right thing" Natasha said to me, letting out a deep breath as I closed my eyes for a moment. "But now my half of my closest friends are criminals" she added, both of us thinking the exact same thing, my mind all over the place since I had come back from visiting Clint and Wanda in their cells, which as Clint said were made for people much worse than them. "I know the feeling" I replied to her, turning to look at her as she smiled at me softly.

"You ever wonder what your life would have been like if you hadn't have found SHIELD?" Natasha asked me as I let out a small laugh, easing my eyebrows. "A lot less exciting" I replied as she laughed lightly, nodding her head as she turned back to stare at the roof. "I think we would have been friends if we were in HYDRA at the same time" she said to me as I let out a small laugh, shaking my head.

"I didn't have much time for friends" I replied as she scoffed, pulling her hair from under her head as she sprawled it on the bed behind her. "You barely talk to anyone? Were you one of those agents?" she asked me as I scrunched my eyebrows, understanding why she would think I was one of those people. "No, there was this guy, he was in Belgium at the same time I was, that's how we met" I told her as she laughed, rolling onto her side as she propped herself up on her elbow, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Did Ally have a HYDRA boyfriend?" she asked me, a smirk on her face as I sat up, shaking my head at her as I leaned my arms back behind me, resting on my elbows. "Not my boyfriend, barely even my friend. I got shot because of him and he was annoying" I told her, shaking my head as I shrugged my shoulders, a small smile dancing on my lips. "But I guess he was the closest to a friend I had back then" I said to her as she smiled at me, cocking her head to the side as she rested it on her hand.

"You have a new family here" she said as I raised my eyebrows at her, pointing my finger at her with a wide smile. "Without you I won't" I said to her as I squinted my eyes, talking to her like a child as she reached up, slapping my hands away from her as she shook her head at me. "Stop" she said to me as I dropped my smile, staring at her as she stared back at me, sticking her tongue out at me which made me laugh.

"I'm gonna miss you" I said to her, running my hand through my hair as she rolled her eyes at me, shaking her head as she smiled back at me, scrunching her face. "Shut up" she said to me, not liking the moment of affection we had shared as she let out a deep breath, rolling back into her bed as she covered my face with out hands, letting the silence mingle between us for the last time in a long time.

——

A/N: so obviously Natasha didn't let both Steve and Bucky go so she really has no reason to go on the run but she needs to for infinity war so oh well let's just roll with it eh
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: so obviously Natasha didn't let both Steve and Bucky go so she really has no reason to go on the run but she needs to for infinity war so oh well let's just roll with it eh please vote and comment and i will see you soon