thirty-six.

I stood there as I watched Sam try to lift the brick off of the clamped vice, straining as he couldn't lift it up high enough to move it to the side without just having to push it and through it

I stood there as I watched Sam try to lift the brick off of the clamped vice, straining as he couldn't lift it up high enough to move it to the side without just having to push it and through it. Bucky say there as he watched, a small smile on his face as he clearly felt bad for Sam in this embarrassing moment of not being able to pick up that brick which to him was probably really heavy.

"You want some help?" I asked as they both turned to me, Sam taking his hands off of the block as he rubbed his hands against each other, walking backwards a bit. "No, I think this ones all on you" he said as he walked away, shaking his head as he left the room to join Steve, making me laugh lightly as Bucky looked over at me. "Can you lift it?" he asked me as I raised an eyebrow at him, making him laugh as he shook his head lightly. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked" he said as I nodded my head with pursed lips, making my way over as I set my hands on each side of the cinder block, picking it up and setting it down on the floor.

"It wasn't even that heavy" I remarked as I put my hand on the metal cramp, untwisting it as it became loose, Bucky being able to slip his metal arm out of it, flexing his fingers. "Do you have feeling in that thing?" I asked him as he stood up, stretching his his legs as he let out a small sigh, turning towards me. "Enough to know when i'm in pain" he said as I nodded my head, walking around the vice as I stood in front of him, pushing my hands into my back pockets as I looked down at the ground.

"It's been a while since I last saw you" I said to him softly as I looked up at him, shaking my head as he stared at me. "Not just you, but you" I said to him as he nodded his head, tilting his head to the side as he held his metal arm in his normal hand, still stretching it. "Did you know it was me?" he asked me, sort of taking me back a little bit as I let out a small breath, ultimately knowing that that question was coming. "No, I didn't know anything about you" I told him as I shook my head, Bucky rubbing his lips together as he reached down to his pant leg, pulling it up as well as he could. 

There was a black HYDRA symbol tattooed on the side of his calf, his eyes looking up at me as I stared down at it. "Do you have one too?" he asked me as I nodded my head, my hands going to my pants as I unbuttoned the top button, pulling down the side to reveal my hip bone, my matching tattoo staring back at him. "I only saw you once when I was with HYDRA, I didn't even see your face" I started as I buttoned you my pants quickly, Bucky standing up straight as I let out a breath.

"I just snuck into a lab, saw them working on you" I told him as he looked down at the ground, nodding his head slowly as he scrunched his eyebrows. "And then you showed up once on a mission of mines when I switched sides" I told him as I smiled at the memory, the mission being so long ago. "That's all I ever saw of you" I told him as he nodded his head looking up at me as he held his breath for a moment.

"When I got there, there was this man, Matthias?" he asked me as I nodded my head, knowing the name well as Bucky nodded his head along with me, looking away from me as he told me the rest of the story. "He showed me your file before they started experimenting on me" he stumbled through as I let out a breath, not even knowing what was in my file anymore.

"James Buchanan Barnes, hindrance to my mission" he quoted, the words meaning nothing to me as he looked back over to me, the pain in his eyes adamant as I shook my head at him. "I never wrote that" I told him as I continued to shake my head, pushing my hands back into my pockets as he looked at me, rubbing his lips together. "I figured that" he told me as I looked down at my watch quickly, letting out a sigh as I looked back up at him, his eyebrows raised.

"Got somewhere to be?" he asked me as I nodded my head slowly, looking back up at him as I shrugged my shoulders. "CIA building to lead the search to find you" I told him as smiled at me, nodding his head slowly. "Gonna lead them straight to us?" he asked me as I laughed, dropping my hands down by my side as I shifted my weight from foot to foot. "I'll tell them that you're in Fiji" I said jokingly as he laughed, the sound echoing off of the walls, the sound taking me straight back to the good days when I would hear it often.

"Just try to get out, for me" I told him as he looked over at me, straightening his face again as he nodded his head. "I will, I promise" he said to me as I nodded my head right back at him, neither of us moving or speaking as we stared at each other, not knowing what else to say at this point, because really, what was there to say?

——

A/N: ugh I loved writing this chapter I'm not sure why but I just really did
i've said before but i'm trying to slowly reveal all to bucky instead of dumping it all on him suddenly so please bare with me
please vote and comment and i'll talk to you later

A/N: ugh I loved writing this chapter I'm not sure why but I just really did i've said before but i'm trying to slowly reveal all to bucky instead of dumping it all on him suddenly so please bare with me please vote and comment and i'll talk to yo...