forty-nine.

I stood with Steve arm around my shoulders, our fingers laced as I held his hand which draped over me, both of us standing in silence as we stared out of the large window

I stood with Steve arm around my shoulders, our fingers laced as I held his hand which draped over me, both of us standing in silence as we stared out of the large window. There was a thick mist showering the planes of trees which went back for as far as we could see.

Steve's fingers lightly brushed over my knuckles as I closed my eyes for a moment, not wanting to bees the perfect atmosphere between us. I looked up at him as he continued to look forward, not looking back at me as I closed my eyes for moment, looking back down as I synced my breathing up to his like I often did.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked him quietly, not turning to look at him as he let out a small breath through his nose, pushing his other hand into the pocket of his jacket. "Go on the run, I don't think I have many people on my side right now" he said to me as I let out a small breath, looking over at him as she smiled softly at me. "I'll get them out first, don't worry" he said to me as I nodded my head at him, looking down at the ground as he pulled me towards him, putting his hands on either side of my face as he tilted my head up to look at him.

"Don't get caught" I said to him as I put my hand on top of us, making him smile as he looked down at me slightly, nodding his head. "Do you know me?" he asked me jokingly, making me laugh as I closed my eyes, moving my head into his hand as I melted into his warm touch, letting out a small breath. "Want me to" I started, Steve not letting me finish my sentence as he interrupted me.

"You're not coming with me" he said to me, causing me to open my eyes as I looked up at him with a small pout, furrowing my eyebrows a little bit. "I wasn't going to ask that" I said to him, smirking as he nodded his head at me slowly, "Yes, you were" he said to me with a small chuckle, causing me to move his hands off of my face as I held them in my hands i'm between them two of us. "Prove it" I said to him as I took a step closer to him, raising my eyebrow at him as his eyes looked down at my lips before making eye contact with mines again.

"I know you" he said to me quietly, our noses brushing as I smiled lightly at him, our foreheads touching as we let our breath blend in between us. I closed my eye softly as I took in his clean scent for the first time in a while, knowing that this was also the last time I would smell it for the undeterminable future.

"Where is it?" I asked him as I put my hands on his jacket, pulling my head away from him as I moved my hands over to his pockets, causing him to look at me with a smile. "Where's what?" he asked me as I put my hands on his hips, raising an eyebrow at him. "The ring" I told him as he shook his head at me, letting out a small laugh as he took my wrists in his hands, moving them round him to his back as I looked up at him.

"I don't think now is the time for that, Ally" he said to me as I shook my head, finally being my turn as I put my hand on his chin, tilting it down as I pouted my lip. "My finger is cold" I said to him as he laughed at me, moving his head towards him as he kissed me gently, a smile on my face as he did so, pulling back ever so slightly as I kept my eyes closed.

"You going to wait for me?" he said to me softly as I laughed, kissing him quickly as I pulled away from him, his hand on the small of my back as I ran hand through his hair. "I don't know about that one" I replied with a smirk, making him laugh lightly as he shook his head at me, pulling me closer to him as I set my other hand on his chest.

"You'll be fine without me" he said to me as I nodded my head, setting my other hand on his shoulder as I pretended to brush something off of it. "I know I will, but the question is will you be fine with me" I said back to him as he laughed, looking past me as he pretended to think about it for a moment before looking back at me. "Probably not" he said as I laughed, my smile slowly disappearing as I felt tears prick at the back of my eyes as I tried to blink them away.

"I'll miss you" I said to him as he nodded his head, clenching his jaw as he opened his mouth a little bit. "Yeah I know" he said jokingly as I laughed, slapping him on the chest gently as he put his hand on top of mines, nodding his head as I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I love you" I said to him as he kissed me gently, kissing the corner of my mouth as he rested the side of his head against mine, whispering in my ear softly.

"I love you too"

——

A/N: THATS IT, ITS FINISHED AHHHH
This has been such a bumpy ride and i would like to thank every single one of you who is still reading you mean the world to me and I appreciate every single one of you!
for the last time, please vote and comment and i will see you soon if you chose to keep reading (PLEASE DO)

A/N: THATS IT, ITS FINISHED AHHHHThis has been such a bumpy ride and i would like to thank every single one of you who is still reading you mean the world to me and I appreciate every single one of you! for the last time, please vote and comment a...