thirty-two.

I sat in an office chair, Tony, Natasha, Sharon and Everett Ross in there with me as I had my head leaned back against the chair, an ice pack sitting on my nose as I stared up at the roof, no one talking as Ross looked over security footage on the...

I sat in an office chair, Tony, Natasha, Sharon and Everett Ross in there with me as I had my head leaned back against the chair, an ice pack sitting on my nose as I stared up at the roof, no one talking as Ross looked over security footage on the TV which was hanging on the wall. Tony had a cut on his eyebrow, a black eye slowly forming under his glasses as he stared ahead of him.

"The top helicopter is broken" a worker said as he came into the room, holding his tie down as he looked over at Ross who sighed, shaking his head. "Has anyone found him yet?" Ross asked as the man shook his head, leaving the room as he let the door close, running back down the hall back to his team supposedly. "It's been 3 hours they are long gone" I said quietly, talking through the ice bag I had on my nose, Everett looking up at me as I put my head forward, still holding gate cold to my broken nose which was in the process of healing.

"Who was the doctor?" I asked as Everett looked at me, shrugging his shoulders as he shook his head quickly. "We have no idea, he had everything he was supposed to have" he replied to me as Tony sighed, leaning forward as he clasped his hands on top of the table. "The real guy is probably dead and buried" Tony said to all of us as the room fell silent, Natasha leaning back in her chair as Everett continued to pace the room, my eyes shifted from him to Secretary Ross who was being led by a women down the hall and towards the glass office we were in.

"Here we go" I mumbled as Tony looked up, watching as he came into the room and rising onto his feet as he pushed his hands into his pockets. "I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Ross asked me as he looked directly at me, causing me to scoff as I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, let me just get out the small map my boyfriend drew for me to tell him where he is" I said sarcastically as Ross moved into the room, my anger very apparent after the amount of people who had assumed Steve had told me where he was.

"Look we have it covered, GSG-9's got the borders covered and recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit, and we'll handle it" Tony said, putting his hand out, his sunglasses almost hiding his bruise as he looked over at me quickly. "You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle, it's clear you can't be objective so I'm putting Special Ops on this" Ross told him as Natasha crossed her arms, looking over as Ross as she shook her head.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" she asked, Ross looked at her as he shrugged his shoulders, nodding his head firmly. "If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers" he replied as a i scoffed, leaning forward and putting my head in my hands, having to tell myself that it wasn't worth screaming at some people today. "You're not going to solve this with bullets, you gotta let us bring them in" Tony said demandingly, not wanted to take an answer which wasn't yes, but he didn't control what we did anymore.

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" Ross countered as Tony pulled his other hand out of his pocket, using them to gesture in the air, probably just as angry as I was at this point. "Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt" he started, shaking his head as Ross didn't reply for a moment, knowing that ultimately we were right. "72 hours, guaranteed" Tony finished as Ross shook his head, looking out the glass wall at the woman who had led him here, her eyes saying that he had somewhere to be.

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson" Ross said as he walked over to Everett, both of them talking in hushed whispered before the secretary left the room, the other Ross following him after him as they made their way down the hall, leaving just the three of us avengers in the room in our silence. "My left arm is numb, is that normal?" Tony asked as he held his arm with his other hand, letting out a sigh as I looked over at him, tilting my head to the side. "You alright?" I asked him as he nodded his head, rubbing his eyes as he looked down the ground for a brief moment.

"36 hours" Tony said under his breath as I looked over at Natasha who raised her eyebrows at me. "We are seriously understaffed" I added as Tony looked up at me, nodding his head as he realised I was right. "It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now, any shot?" he asked as he looked over at Natasha who shook her head, collapsing into a seat around the table as I picked up the ice pack once again, pushing it against my nose. "No, you really think he'd be on our side?" Natasha asked him as Tony shook his head, putting his right hand on his elbow as he supported his other arm.

"I have an idea" Natasha said as Tony looked over at her, raising his eyebrow as I knew exactly where she was going to go with this. "Me too, where's yours?" Tony asked her as she stood up once again, throwing her red hair over her shoulder. "Downstairs, where's yours?" she asked him as he widened his eyes a little bit, a small smirk sneaking onto his face. "Queens" he said simply as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, Nat looking over at me as I shrugged my shoulders, having no idea what Tony's idea was.

I felt my phone vibrating against my hip as I sighed, reaching down as I pulled it out of my pocket looking down at the lit screen, an unknown caller ID showing up as I scrunched my eyebrows, looking over at Natasha as I nodded at my phone. "I need to take this" I told her as I pushed my chair back standing up slowly as I left the room, closing the door as I stood outside, swiping on the screen as I put it up at my ear.

"Hello?" I asked as I heard rustling on the other side, no background noise at all as it was silent for a moment before a familiar voice came through. "Ally" Steve said as I let out a breath, crossing my other arm over my chest as I turned away from the glass walls, knowing that Natasha was watching me. "Are you okay?" I asked him, knowing better than to say his name, it being possible that someone could be near and listening. "We've got him, I thought you'd want to come see him" he told me as I let out a breath, looking down at my shoes as I let my hair fall over my face for a moment before pushing it back with my hand.

"Yeah, I do"

——

A/N: hey guys, sorry i'm a day late once again but here's another chapter
also the fact that there are 2 Ross's is really confusing for both me and you so i've tried to make it as easy as possible lmao
please vote and comment and i'll see you soon

A/N: hey guys, sorry i'm a day late once again but here's another chapter also the fact that there are 2 Ross's is really confusing for both me and you so i've tried to make it as easy as possible lmao please vote and comment and i'll see you soon