fourteen.

I stared straight ahead, not wanting to turn to look at the covered casket which was slowly proceeding it's way down the aisle in between the rows of benches and flocks if people

I stared straight ahead, not wanting to turn to look at the covered casket which was slowly proceeding it's way down the aisle in between the rows of benches and flocks if people. I sat in the front pew of the church my hands clasped in my lap as I ran my finger over the back of my hand, pinching myself lightly every so often to distract myself.

Sam sat at one side of me, sitting on the left hand side of with church with an empty spot on the other side for Steve to sit in once his job was finished. I had my back tucked being my back, making me a bit uncomfortable but not wanting to move due to the fact we were all sitting so close to together to fit everyone in the room. The choir of young boys were singing at the back of the church, all of the seats packed full with people who had come into contact with Peggy at some point.

The casket was being positioned at the front of the church, Steve being one of the pallbearers carrying the coffin with the union jack covering it, a picture of Peggy in her green military uniform framed of the table next to it with flowers surrounding it. Tears were pricking they back of my eyes, threatening to fall as the pallbearers walked down the few stairs, making their way to their seats as Steve good a seat next to me, his eyes red from tears as it was clear he was crying.

The old priest in his robes made his way over to the podium, holding his bible in his hand as he opened it, looking up at the crowd as he clasped his hands in front of him. "Today we are here to celebrate the life of Margaret Carter" the priest said, looking over the large crowd of people, every single row in the church filled to the brim with people writing shoulder to shoulder. I ducked my head down, a tear leaking out of the side of my eye, dropping off of my face onto my lap as I quickly wiped my cheek with the back of my hand.

"I would like to begin the ceremony by inviting Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words" he said, a new figure taking their place behind the microphone, shoes clicking on the hard wood floor. Sam nudged me with his elbows, causing me to look up, a familiar ex SHIELD agent smiling softly at the crowd as she pushed a piece of her blonde hair behind her ears, setting her hands on each side of the podium. I nudged Steve with my elbow as well, the blonde looking up as well quickly, blinking a few times as he furrowed his eyebrows, just as confused as I was.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD" she started, making eye contact with me as she paused, taking a breath as she looked away, scanning the crowd as I took in a small breath. "But I just knew her as Aunt Peggy" she continued, looking down at her speech which sat in front of her as tapped her finger on the side, probably a nervous tick from having to speak to such a large group of people.

"She had a photograph in her office, Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK, and as a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to, which is why I never told anyone we were related" she said a bit quieter looking at Steve as they both looked at each other, Steve looking away first as he looked down at his hands in his lap, her eyes falling on me as I stared at her, knowing that if she had told me I would have been expecting a lot from her.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either" she started as I nodded my head, smiling lightly as another tear fell from my eye, my eyes officially welling up from fighting the tears so much. I remember the controversy which surrounded the camp when two female Agents were placed in charge of training the new recruits, but Peggy didn't listen to any of the whispers, knowing that we were ultimately better than anyone else could have been.

"She said, compromise where you can, but where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right" Sharon continued as she paused to take a breath, looking up from her paper as she smiled lightly once again, presumably recalling the memory. "Even if the whole world is telling you to move it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say 'No, you move'" she finished as she nodded her head, taking her speech into her hand as she left the podium, the boys choir starting to sign once again.

——

A/N: so I don't write Ally crying that much, because she just doesn't cry much because of her red room training, but steve actually does cry in this scene so I was like yeah okay maybe ally will cry too
please vote and comment and I will see you tomorrow

A/N: so I don't write Ally crying that much, because she just doesn't cry much because of her red room training, but steve actually does cry in this scene so I was like yeah okay maybe ally will cry too please vote and comment and I will see you t...