twenty-five.

I sat in the same spot at the table that i had been since I got here, slouched in a seat with my head in my hands, Tony sitting twiddling his thumbs at the head of the table

I sat in the same spot at the table that i had been since I got here, slouched in a seat with my head in my hands, Tony sitting twiddling his thumbs at the head of the table. There was bright light bulbs shining light into the room as people hustled around on either side of the walls, all working away as they normally would on a normal day.

"This is so boring" I moaned, throwing my head back as my chair reclined slightly, my hands clasping in my stomach as Tony looked up at me. "Ross told me to not let you leave this room until Steve came" Tony told me, pulling his phone out of the inside of his blazer pocket as he looked down at it, typing something as he looked away from me. "He thinks you can control me?" I scoffed, puffing up my cheeks in boredom as I spun my chair around a little bit. "He doesn't know how our relationship works" Tony jokes as I let out a deep breath, my eyes darting to Natasha who was walking quickly towards the room we were in.

She pushed the glass door open as she poked her head in, putting her foot in the door as she looked at me and then at Tony. "They're here" she said as I stood up, looking over at Tony who looked straight back at me, sighing as he put his phone away. "Just go" he told me, waving his hand as Nat pushed the door open a bit more, letting me out as she guided me down a stair well. "You think you can make him sign them?" she asked me as we made our way to the glass corridor, waiting at one end as I saw my 2 friends make their way onto the other side, black clad agents surrounding them as they all marched towards me.

Steve looked defeated, which he never seemed to look, keeping his eyes straight ahead as he stood in the middle of the circle, an agent between him and Sam who was walking behind him. Sam's jaw was clenched with hard expression on his face, staring into the back of Steve's head with his fists clenched, trying hard not to punch someone. "Nope" I replied simply as I waited for them, holding my hands in front of me, my white blouse flowing over my arms.

Steve locked eyes with me for a brief moment, brown meeting blue as the world around us stopped, Steve looking away from me at the first chance as I let out a defeated breath. "This is what making it worse looks like" Nat said as they reached us, not stopping as we started walking with them at the side of the circle of agents. "Did you find him?" I asked Steve, not needing to specify who I was worried for, Steve keeping his eyes straight as he nodded his head. "Yeah, now he's in some glass container" he said to me, hostility lining his voice as I nodded my head.

!

The four of us walked into the same office Tony and I were in before, the billionaire standing with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his phone to his ear as he paced around the room slowly. "No, Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup" Tony said as Steve and Sam took a seat, Natasha looking at the two men as she stood at the door with her arms folded. "Try not to break anything while we fix this" she told them as she left the room, making her way down the hall.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it" Tony said, still on the phone as he looked over at me, rolling his eyes as I crossed my arms, standing in the corner. "Anything else? Thank you, sir" Tony said as he hung up, setting his phone on the table as he put his hands on the back of one of the chairs, Steve looking over at him. "Consequences?" he asked as Tony shook his head, crossing his arms on the seat as he looked back at Steve.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted, had to give him something" Tony told him as Steve leaned back in his chair, putting his hand on his temple. "I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked as a i shook my head, knowing he wasn't asking me but speaking up anyway. "Technically, it's the government's property, Wings, too" I told him as Sam looked at me, a sad look on his face as he set one of this hands on the table, moving to the side. "That's cold" Sam said as Tony shook his head, taking a step back. "Warmer than jail" Tony said as I looked over at him, raising my eyebrows at him as e sighed, pushing his hands into his pockets as he looked over at Sam.

"Wilson, come with me I need you to make a statement so we can seize your gear" Tony said as Sam got up out of his seat, following Tony out the room as Steve and I didn't look at each other, only our breathing filling the air as I walked forward, standing across from him as he finally looked up at me, moving his chair so it was straight once again, my words finally splicing the tension in the air.

"We need to talk"

——

A/N: hello, here's another chapter for you, might even double update today who knows, I have a few chapters written out so it is plausible
please vote and comment and I may see you quite soon

A/N: hello, here's another chapter for you, might even double update today who knows, I have a few chapters written out so it is plausible please vote and comment and I may see you quite soon