01: The Consequences of Hating

*

*

Royce believes the world he once grew up in wasn't the same anymore. Has it always been this dull and suffocating? He can't seem to recall the happy days. Perhaps it's cause' his point of view has changed drastically ever since he entered his teens. Royce thinks, this world is full of lies, injustice and fake people, illusions created by humans because they can't accept the ugly reality they're stuck in, tormenting those who stand out more than any ordinary person, it was common these days and very toxic.

Sitting in the middle row of second last seat, Royce fiddled with his pen while staring down at the blank page of his notebook. A few years ago, he would have filled it with stars falling, clouds chasing, planets wandering in space and made a whole universe of his own.

But now, he could not fill the empty parts that lay in front of him, just like nobody could heal the cracks in his heart.

He desperately searched deep into his brain, looking for an idea, something to keep his fingers moving and mind working, anything to keep his thoughts and eyes away from the boy sitting two seats ahead of him.

Royce hated him with every bone inside his skinny body. He hated how the entire school seem to fall in front of his feet. He hated how they crowned him as the king while Royce was being treated like an outcast. He hated how they thought he was some sort of a miracle boy while Royce was labelled as a curse.

It was really tragic how this world seemed to be working but it's a good thing Royce stopped believing in it a long time ago.