02: The Consequences of Bullying

*

"Faggot." Someone shouted.

Royce's steps halted and he knew it was directed at him but he also knew better than anyone to not react. It took everything in him to not beat the living shit out of that guy but he swallowed the rage burning inside him. In his school – he was one of the very few kids who were open about their sexuality. Well, he was the only kid to be fair. It wasn't a secret that he was gay. Everyone knew and they made sure to remind him how abnormal and disgusting he was for liking boys over girls.

If Royce knew - gosh if only he knew - the hell he had to go through after coming out, which Royce was forced into, he would have happily kept his sexuality hidden. He wouldn't have considered in his wildest dreams.

Nothing seemed to be under his control these days. The universe was throwing one thing after another, forcing him into situations he never deserved to be in. Everything is spilling all over the place. His life was crumbling right in front of his eyes and he was hurting so much. He pretends it's not bothering him but even he can't lie to himself any longer.

And in the midst of all chaos, Royce could only think of one person to blame for ruining his life.