31: The Consequences of Learning

Look at this pretty cover made by @Appy64 wow I'm in love. Thank you!😭🖤

_______

There are certain things Royce hates with a certain passion. One of them being the silence. Don't get him wrong, he has nothing against silence but when he's left alone in his room . . . the silence overwhelms him. It cheats him, hates him, stirs up his most provoking and toxic thoughts. He loathes the silence because it drives him to complete madness and forces him to think the worst.

He can hardly keep up these days and if he's being honest, it was never too kind to him.

Royce might as well be considered crazy since he was talking to his own damn ceiling! Come to think of it, maybe it was also the result of having no friends whatsoever. And . . . and he was mulling over Nathan's actions and sulking over his words. Royce wasn't dumb, naive sometimes, ignorant other times but things were too obvious now.

He could see that Nathan cares for him in his own weird way but after every problem, he had caused, why should he care? He was the one to push Royce aside. It was him who left.

Why...why...why...?

Royce changed his position in bed, grunting at his unstoppable thoughts. They were wild and free falling, latching onto whatever that satisfies his hunger. At this rate, he'd get a headache.

It was weird how Nathan invariably shows up whenever Royce was in trouble. Before, it used to be the other way around. His actions don't make sense except for it does. How could he not see it? How couldn't Royce see it all this time?

It wasn't Nathan who spread the news!

*

So, did anyone see it coming? :)
Drop your theories. Let's hear them!
Next chapter is gonna be a roller coaster.