29: The Consequences of Running

Sweat slowly trickled down from Royce's neck, his eyes anxiously glancing at the kids surrounding him. Being cornered by a bunch of bullies in the bathroom really wasn't a pleasant feeling. He just wanted to take a piss peacefully after his last class but his luck really was unfortunate. There was no escaping this.

"You guys don't have to do this. . ." Royce muttered meekly, fingers twitching lightly.

"Shut the fuck up, you manwhore." One of the kids within the group snapped. This person tried to look tough and bold but apparently, his face was smeared with bruises all over for some reason. "You deserve a good beating."

Royce raised a brow. "And for what?"

"Because of that bastard Nathan." He clapped his hands excitedly, a disgusting look emerging on his face.

Royce became stiff at the mention of his name and gripped the strap of his backpack tightly, asking in a strained voice. "What does it have to do with him?"

"Don't try to act innocently." Someone from the back called out. "It has everything to do with him."

While Royce was seemingly confused others nodded and the guy with the most messed up face sneered in anger. "He's been going around defending you and chasing us. Last week he fought all of us and punched me. He punched me! Just because we were making fun of you. The audacity of that piece of shit."

Royce held his breath. It made sense, the pieces fell right into their places but it was hard to believe Nathan would do such a thing, that he fought for him and the reason behind his suspension was somehow connected to Royce. He was pretty much in disbelief.

His heartbeat picked up as he rambled. "A-Are you sure? I think you've got it wrong. It can't be Nathan. He hates me. Are we talking about the same person here?"

"Are my bruises not evident enough for you, dumbass?" He took a step forward, eyes filled with rage. Royce backed off immediately, his mind turning into panic mode. Shit! He still needed to get out of this situation first. His eyes searched for something in the stalls but there wasn't anything that could help him against four people. Think!

Royce sputtered out the first thought that crossed his mind, his eyes wide to make his act look more believable. "I- look! Is that Nathan standing behind you?"

They fell for his trick, darting to check behind their backs. It was only for a fleeting moment but Royce sprinted, pushing the boys out of his way with whatever strength he had, some falling, some losing their balance, and thank goodness they had slow reflexes.

Royce didn't dare to stop, dashing in the empty hallway, he could hear the angry yells and shouts. His luck was just so bad there wasn't anyone around to help and even if there was someone, he doubts they'd be willing to help.

At the end of the exit, a figure was half bent, busy in tying their shoes. Royce screamed desperately, "Help."

It just so happened to be Nathan.

*

this chapter is so . . . weird!😔