Waiting

Gi POV

I'm going to kill that girl when she gets here, more like if she gets here. She sends me a text saying that I should be here before midnight or else she's going to get worried. Doesn't that apply to her as well? Isn't she supposed be here, like to meet me or something? I know this is pretty normal of her. She's caring and she gets worried for people she loves but then never thinks if she's worrying anyone. But even after spending so long with her, I can't get used to this dumb habit of hers. She has to be considerate because I can get anxious too. It's so late and we're in a foreign place. Anything could've happened to her! Plus she's an easy target, short and thin. My blood is boiling. I take in the cool air slowly and try to compose myself. 

"Finally!", I scoffed as Y/N walked in to the lobby, "Where were you?"

"I'm sorry.", she confessed.

"I asked you something.", I prompted.

"It's a long story. Can we go to our room and then I'll tell you there.", she muttered.

"You bet you will.", I warned.

Your POV

Gi looks like she's about to murder me or something. How do I explain? Not even the wildest fangirl dreams would she believe everything even if I were to tell her. My brain, unable to think of any plausible excuse, makes me stay silent. I don't even have enough material to make a good lie out of. 

"I'm waiting.", she reminded.

"I almost fainted onstage, okay?", I admitted.

She didn't look convinced, "Go on. I'm listening."

"So Namjoon took me backstage for some fresh air. That's basically it.", I didn't want to tell her about the soulmate bonding stuff that Namjoon told me about. 

I don't want another lecture on romantic chemistry. That crap is my no go zone and I'm not going to willingly put myself into crossfire territory because holiday is not the time I want to have an argument with her.

"And you expect me to believe that?", the irritated, negative side of her started showing. 

I hate it when she's negative. She's horrible and unbearable when she's like this.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep. Like I cared where you were. It's just that you had the keys to our room.", it was a lie because as she said it, her copy of the room keys fell out of her bag, almost very conveniently. 

I decided to ignore it. No way I'm pushing the limit now. She's visibly mad and in all the years I've known her, when you can see she's angry, she's angry ok. Shrugging, I go lay on my bed. *Dring* A notification.

Namjoon: Did you get to your hotel safely?

Y/N: Yeah but my friend doesn't seem so happy.

Namjoon: Why?

Y/N: It's one in the morning. I'm a bit late, aren't I?

Namjoon: Haha! That's funny. Did she scold you?

Y/N: A lot.

Namjoon: Hahaha! One thing: do you do long boarding?

Y/N: Longboard-dancing actually.

Namjoon: Can you teach me how to?

Y/N: Me?

Namjoon: If it's ok with you.

Y/N: Oh but wouldn't it affect your fame or something?

Namjoon: I'm sure ARMY wouldn't mind. They really care for us don't they I mean.

Y/N: But where?

Namjoon: You could come over to our mansion?

Y/N: I guess. 

Namjoon: But not before next Tuesday. Me and the rest of the team are going to Daegu for a concert and then a fan sign.

Y/N: That's fine.

Namjoon: I have to go now to practice. Might not be able to stay in contact till I get back but we'll definitely meet after we get back.

Y/N: Bye. Enjoy yourself in Daegu.

Namjoon: Bye.

That's the first time I used capital letters and punctuation constantly whilst texting. We barely know each other so why should I be so informal? And goddamn that's so bold of him. He only learned of my personal existence an hour ago and he's already so casual. Gosh... could never be me but I guess it just proves there are very different people on this planet. 

 "Who are you texting?", Gi asked. 

I think she's cooled down.

"No one.", I murmured. 

I didn't want to tell her about it all yet. Not before I'd figured it out myself.

"Please don't push me. I've cooled down but don't get me angry again. Won't you trust me?", she sat down next to me on my bed.

"It's no one.", please don't make me tell you Gi. 

I'm not ready. 

"Won't you trust me?", she repeated softly.

"It's just that... I'm not ready yet.", I accepted the fact.

"Fine. But tell me soon. What's our plans for tomorrow?", she changed the topic. 

Thank you Gi! You understand me so much.

"Actually I'm a bit busy from three onwards. I'm not sure how long from there though.", I informed her.

"What are you doing?", she interrogated.

"An old friend invited me over. I was hoping I could hang out with her.", I blurted. 

She got the message.

"That's okay. How about we go to the park and we'll part ways from there?', she offered.

 I felt weird. She was being so nice to me even after being so angry. When she told me she was going out with friends a few days ago, I got so mad at her. Honestly humans are just so so difficult to understand. There's too many variables to ever be sure what's actually going on in someone else's head. Whatever, I shrug it off. There's no point wasting that many braincells over something that's not in my power. Instead, I try keep it simple. 

"That would be nice."

"Sweet dreams then?"

"Yeah. You too.", no matter how much Gi tries hiding her emotions, she really can't do it successfully. 

The tension was building up so much between us even though she was being friendly to me. I closed the lights and ditched reading a story on my phone tonight. So maybe shrugging it off won't be quite so possible...

Namjoon POV

God, that was a hell of boldness from me. I hope it's not putting her off or anything because that's not how I mean it. I can see she's got a dark past but she's unwilling to push passed it and restart. If I can help with that, it would mean the world to me.