Running Away

Your POV

I found myself awake in the middle of the night. All the duvet is wrapped around me and Namjoon can only hug the soft exterior to steal as much of my warmth as possible. The nights here in Seoul are still pretty cold even though it's now March. I wonder how it would be in Busan. Still the same spring days I remember form my childhood, long and warm? Maybe. Maybe not. I check the time and date on my phone. One fifty-four am, third of March, twenty twenty. It seems as if my mind has set an alarm for itself automatically. There's still six minutes till my actual vibration alarm should go off but there's no harm in being a bit early. I stealthily climb out of our bed and put on the clothes I've left purposefully on my drawer. Then I take my pre-packed bag and head towards the door. But I've forgotten something. I head back towards Namjoon and lightly kiss him on the forehead. Checking that I haven't left anything else, I creep down the stairs and out the front door, holding my breath throughout the process. Only when I get outside, I let myself take a breath. The taxi's patiently waiting by the drive as I hoped. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Madam.", the driver greeted me.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Where's your destination?", he asked me politely. 

It seems like forever since I've been a taxi, probably only two months at the most in reality though but when you've been in coma, it seems like you've missed a lot. 

"Incheon International Airport please.", I watched him tap the location into the sat-nav and he started driving away from the mansion.

A pang of guilt hit me as I realised what I was doing. The boys were already going through so much, all these interviews, live performances to practice for, fans to impress during their upcoming tour and the worry about me. And now I'm running away without telling them. Okay fine. It's not that bad. It's partially a lie. I will tell them, but only after I leave. I look at the time on my watch. Two hours till my final check-in time and three hours till the flight. And it's only two-thirty. Not bad that I'm so on time for once. Namjoon'll be waking up in around four and a half hours and by then, he'll find out. But it'll be too late for him to find me. I don't mean to put him through all this pain but it'll be worth it in the end. Not like I'm running away. Okay, well sort of running away but I've got all my medicines on me and I have money for everything too. I'll survive. Everything is planned and if I'm even a minute late, things go very wrong. What am I thinking? Namjoon cares so much for me and in the last few months I've made him go through so much trouble. I just hope he can forgive me. 

Namjoon POV

I'm vaguely awake as the sliver of light entering through the gap in the curtains shines in my eyes. But now I'm totally awake. Scrambling up, I feel for Y/N. She's not there. I overturn the duvet but she's not hidden on the corner of the bed or anything. I don't want to panic. She's a fully grown human for god sake Namjoon! She has the right to get up earlier than you and to do stuff. Yet, I have a cold feeling in my heart. That feeling that I get only when I'm away in another country or something from her. I get up immediately and a yellow note on the floor catches my eyes. Picking it up, I scan through the words written on it in Y/N's illegible handwriting. To be totally honest, I can't make out half the things it says but after a bit more of scanning, I get the point. She ran away. That can't be right. What does she mean she ran away? I'm sure I read it wrong.

 im sorry but i need to do this. by the time u read this, ill be far away, not even in the same country in fact. but that's sort of the point. I'm scared you'll try to stop me if i told u before i left. trust me, I've taken my medications and money and everything else i need for this trip but i need some time. do me one favour  and turn on the tv  tomorrow at eight o clock in korea on KBS news channel. from your fave and hopefully only moonchild:)

The note's scribbled in her innocently messy handwriting. The handwriting of a true creative artist. I want to trust her but at the same time I know she's awfully vulnerable. It's a proper dilemma. All the things Yoongi said float around my head. All the things he said and were right. I thought she was hopelessly dependent on me and that she was soft but she's not. But I know she's not as hard-core as she seems at first. Just which one do I believe in this time? I finally decide to trust her, to just wait till the fifth of march like she said. Trudging down the stairs, Jin's already in the kitchen, conjuring up breakfast. But still... so much has happened to her. She's barely only recovered and I can't help but be protective. Still, I attempt to brush away any negative thoughts. All my prayers are with you moonchild, have a safe journey please. 

"Morning Namjoon.", he said gleefully. 

I yawned and simultaneously answered, "Morning to you too."

"What does Y/N want for breakfast today?", he questioned. 

The other members are there too. I think I should just tell them but how? They're going to think I've gone mad. I sigh. 

"Actually, Y/N's gone off to a little trip early this morning...", my voice faded, thinking of the most light-hearted way to put the facts. "To another country.", I concluded.

"You say what?", Hoseok shouted as he choked on his juice.

"She's off to another country.", I repeated.

"To where exactly? And with who? And when did she leave?", Jungkook interrogated.

"I don't know to where, or with who or the exact time she left.", I whispered.

"And you're not worried at all?", Tae quizzed.

"Not exactly.", and then I realise; I must sound like a mad man.

Hoseok looked like he was going to blow up or something. His face was red and you could pretty much feel the heat radiating from him, "Are you okay? You know the condition Y/N's in and what's happened yet you let her leave without giving you any whereabouts or any information for that matter?"

"I don't know...", I stuttered, "But I trust her."

Your POV

It's now been eight hours since I've left Seoul and as I step on to the cold of Helsinki, everything seems outlandish and foreign. It's the first time I've ever left my country and the feeling of excitement buzzing from within me is overwhelming. I was meant to go to London at some point but all that happened and I couldn't. Jet lag takes over my body and I feel the need to urgently go and sleep. I carry my small handbag with all my possessions inside and grip on to it tightly protectively. I've run away. But I've come here for good. No such thing as turning back, I sincerely can't, not at this point.