IQ 148

Your POV

"This isn't going to be the most interesting way to spend a Sunday together, especially since they're so precious now, you know with my school and your calendar becoming more busy. But please help me revise Mr I-Have-An-IQ-Of-148.", I said.

"You could have just asked me instead of offering a whole explanation before I asked. Okay. I can help you revise but as Namjoon and not whoever Mr I-Have-An-IQ-Of-148 is.", Namjoon responded.

"I would feel privileged if someone addressed me like that but fine. I won't call you that if you don't want me to."

"So what topics you need help with?"

"I have biology paper A tomorrow first thing."

"It's been a while since I've actually studied for a school test so you're going to have to remind me of the topics in that test."

"Diseases and the immune system mainly."

"Oh. So is it somewhat related to that project you're doing on the coronavirus."

"Diseases like that but epidemics that have already occurred like the European plague of the 1600's."

"So tell me all the facts you know about this European plague. We'll take it from there."

"Okay so...", the next two hours were just pure waffle. Me spilling out all the facts I know and him developing each one. It's not that he knows a whole deal more than me or something but I have got to appreciate those learning skills of his. Revising has never been so easy. Following his  methods, I feel a lot less pressurised and a lot more prepared.

Namjoon POV

"Do you know that you look like the most stressed person on this planet right now?", I asked.

"That's because I am.", she said.

"Trust me you are not."

"Okay I am not the most stressed person but one of the most stressed."

"Nowhere near and you shouldn't be either. You're really prepared and you're going to go in and ace that test!"

"Thanks for being so motivating but this is like a big test. First one at this uni you know."

"So what? You're still going to ace it."

"When I needed this kind of support in my life, I didn't have it. You have no idea how grateful I am for being that one person that has you by my side."

"I can see that you're forcing yourself to say all this. Over all, I miss tests. I want to go back to studying."

"Ah I see. You might want to fix the lyrics of your song DNA first then. Half the info in it is wrong. And I know it looks like I'm forcing myself to be thankful but I mean it.. I'm just not good at saying two phrases: 'thank you' and 'sorry'."

"I always knew there was something wrong with the lyrics of DNA."

"Haha. Very funny. I honestly want to stay late with you guys tonight but I can't. I have to go to bed early so I can wake up for tomorrow. Trust me, being late to uni isn't going to help me pass the test."

"Don't worry, you can go. But you owe me two hours because this was not the way I was planning to spend my Sunday."

That's when she reached out to me on her tip-toes. Her head barely just reaches the height of my chin when we're both standing up straight. Her hands locked around my neck as she balanced her weight on my shoulders and I lifted her up by her waist. Soft at first, her lips gently brushed mine but then she dived in deeper for some more of me. We kissed until there was no more energy left in us and she released me from her grip. I wanted more of her. And really badly!

"I can't give you two hours but does that make up for at least one hour?"

"One hour cleared of your debt. Another one? You can pay off the full debt.", I cheekily suggested."

"Nah I'm good. You're so thirsty!", she joked, "Bye! Got to go!"

"Bye!", I said back to her and watched her walk across the street and head to her apartment which was a fifteen minute walk away from here. I wonder what it would be like if I went back to studying. Maybe I should ask the boys.

"You know boys, I kind of want to go back to uni.", I started.

"So you can spend a longer time with Y/N?", Yoongi asked.

"No! I was helping Y/N revise for her test and I don't know why but I kind of want to go back to studying. You know, see how it feels like and all that."

"Are you serious? When I came to debut for BTS I was praying I would get accepted just so that I can get school over with.", Jungkook confessed.

"So that's the type of things that would go on in our young maknae's head then.", Hoseok acknowledged.

"That's not what I mean. But why go back, everyone is running away form education.", Jungkook corrected.

"But how else do you think Joonie's going to show off his IQ of 148 to others if he has no questions to answer in from of others. Right now, he can only show off his smartness in talk shows when he's speaking English or doing quizzes. That's not enough for him. He wants it on a day to day basis.", Jin inserted.

"Ugh you guys! I'm being serious. I want to study triple sciences and get a Phd and degrees and all that."

"You'll never be content will you?", Jimin questioned.

"I am content."

Tae interrupted me, "Then stop asking for more."

"You guys don't even understand. Uni is an experience we missed to pursue our dreams. I want to go back and experience what everyone of my age already has."

"Have you ever heard anyone saying something like you can't have everything?", Jin quizzed.

"Yeah."

"Exactly. You've had an experience a lot of others can't have so you won't get to have the experience others have experienced. It's so the laws of life stay balanced." 

"I get it honestly. But it's just an idea.", I sighed.