Out and About In Seoul

Your POV

It's the weekends and I've finished my homework for uni. I'm bored all over again. Okay, so I do have a lot of things I can do if I want like: drawing, writing stories, taking photos, reading or just scrolling through my Instagram feed but I'm not in the mood for any of that. I don't want to waste my time, I want to spend it. If I think about it, I've already spent twenty-two years of my life. As an average human, I only have around another forty-eight years left on this planet. That's not much time, definitely not enough to do everything so I don't want to waste my precious time here. Because I don't have enough time to waste, only enough to spend. I pick up my phone and begin texting Namjoon. My idea of what spending time and not wasting it looks like.

You: Hey! r u busy?

Namjoon: no a bit bored actually

You: have u done dance practice?

Namjoon: hell yeah! i'm not doing no more today even if someone says one billion a minute.

You: i'm bored too tbh.

Namjoon: u want to hang out?

You: i thought you'd never ask that.

Namjoon: is that a yes? I gtg now

You: wait! i want to hang out!

Namjoon: as i said, i gtg

I look at the phone in my hand. Looks like he's too busy to spend time with me. Then a notification ping sounds from my phone.

Namjoon: i'll be outside ur apartment in half an hour... be ready :)

You: wait what? half an hour? how do u know where i live? what r we going to do?

Namjoon: don't worry. just be ready.

You: fine... :(

I pretend to be sad and confused but inside I'm pretty much becoming luminescent slowly because of excitement.

Namjoon: be ready for adventure and bring your camera and a lot of money.

You: camera i can do but not money. unlike u, i'm broke so yh. i have rent and uni fees to pay.

He doesn't respond to me and I think he's already gone. I put on a pair of denim skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. I leave my hair out as usual and take my camera and a purse full of all the money I have on me. This 'adventure' better not make me broke. He may be my boyfriend but there's a humungous gap between what he gets and what I do. I just work at the local cafe whenever I have time so that it's enough to pay my rent and fees. That basically means I don't have much to spend on myself. I can't wait to graduate and get a proper job. Working for Samsung maybe, I don't know. But I was meant to be a doctor. Who knows? I'll take it all one step at a time.  He's outside my apartment in half an hour and I walk down to his car. He's in disguise again and I realise that I've majorly under packed. He's wearing so much more than me and has a lot more supplies.

"Is this going to be another date then?", I ask.

"Something along the lines of that. Are you fine with pizza?"

"I'm fine with anything as long as it's with you. So what's the plan?"

"From here, we go around Seoul. We eat pizza at some place along the way. That's pretty much it."

"I thought this was going to make me broke."

"Maybe. We never know moonchild what the world has in store for us."