My Little Cutie

Your POV

Namjoon woke up to have a midnight snack but I'm starting to wander if it's a midnight snack or meal. Whenever he's awake, I can't sleep too and I'm only just getting used to to his sleeping pattern. He sleeps at around eleven, wakes up at one for a snack, goes back to sleep, wakes up at four for god know what and then does back to sleep and wakes up at eight. Namjoon's been awake for the last thirty minutes and I really want to go back to sleep but I can't. At least I won't be hungry. After waiting another ten minutes, I go down the stairs quietly to see what's taking him so long. And the sight before is absolutely adorable! He's stuffing biscuits into his mouth and nibbling at them like a mouse.

"What you doing?", I said as I gave him a back hug. I was just about tall enough to prop my chin up on his shoulder.

"You scared me!", he shout-whispered, "Can you not sneak up like that next time?"

"I didn't mean to scare you but are you having a midnight snack or a meal? I'm trying to sleep you know."

"Then go to sleep. I'm not that noisy, am I?"

"Not noisy but have you forgotten that when you don't sleep, I don't sleep?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I'm really hungry but there's nothing that's awfully filling here."

"Do you want me to make you something."

"Don't go through the trouble. I can wait till morning."

We walked up the stairs. Actually forget walked. Namjoon grabbed me by the waist and carried me up all the way to our room before he threw me on to the bed. So he was the only one that walked. He closed the door gently and jumped on to the bed, next to me. And ever so slowly, his lips pressed on to mine as he hugged me tight. It was a soft and sweet kiss, nothing like when he showers me with hard kisses, but with a lot more meaning them. Then he propped himself next to me and fell asleep. I couldn't keep myself together. My soul was shattering in to millions of small pieces, fleeting to my toes and fingers and the edge of everything I had. The sensation lasted.

Namjoon POV

When I woke up, Y/N was still asleep besides me. I couldn't resist and gave her a soft kiss on her neck. She shifted away, still in a distant world. It killed me to know that she wasn't with me. But still, at least she would come back. I got up and freshened up, still hungry even after my pursuit in the name of food last night. And Y/N didn't fail to surprise me again, she wasn't even awake yet. I opened up the fridge, looking for what I could eat and that's when I saw it. A cake just big enough for me to share with her and the rest of the members. It had my name and 'Happy Birthday' written on it in her handwriting but with icing and next to it was a small wrapped up box. Are presents meant to be found in the fridge? The cake in the fridge is okay but a wrapped up box? I don't think so. I unwrapped the box, not carefully just because it was from her. I'm not going to be a different person for her because I know she likes me the way I am. A pair of customised airpods revealed themselves. And at the bottom of the box was a note: Happy Birthday Namjoon! I know you lose a lot of airpods so I thought I'd get you a back up pair for when you need them. And I customised them for you in a moon theme. Hope you like them! And remember, you become even more handsome every year and this year is no different. That girl never ever fails to impress me, wow me and freak me out at the same time. I'm not sure just how functioning these airpods are after they'd been in the fridge but nevertheless, they are as beautiful as her. Okay, almost as beautiful as her.

"Did you like your present?", Y/N asked as she effortlessly glided down the stairs.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure? You seem a bit irresponsive."