Can't Breathe

Namjoon POV

I pressed the bell and we waited for a few minutes. Just as I raised my hand to press the bell again, it swung open. It was pouring outside and we were drenched.

"Namjoon?", Yoongi answered the door and stared at me without inviting me in. 

I wasn't in the mood to do much more explaining. And the last few precious minutes of patience I had within me weren't going to be used on a confused Yoongi.

"Can we come in? It's cold.", I said furiosly.

"What's she doing here?", Yoongi asked.

 I ignored him and walked in to the living room, ushering Y/N in. The members looked up at me, all shocked. For real people, at least allow us to breathe, can you not see our state? 

"She's back?", Tae asked. 

Please don't make me lose myself Tae. Not now.

"I can explain. But first, please welcome her at least.", I instructed.

The members mumbled greetings, waiting for an explanation of what was going on.

"I don't care what other people say but she's staying here.", I firmly stated.

"Hyung, are you drunk?", Jungkook asked with genuine worry.

"No I mean it. She's from Busan and she's here for the holidays with her friend. Or I should say a person she thought was her friend. But she'd realised that this so called friend was holding her back. And now because that friend can't control her anymore, she's not providing her with a place to stay. So she's staying here.", maybe I'm saying it all too bluntly but I can't care less.

I haven't seen a friend let another one down so badly in such a long time and it's all happening to Y/N, the person I feel such deep but weird feelings for and that's too much to take in so fast.

"But who's she to you? A cousin? A friend?", Jimin hadn't clocked yet. Hoseok whispered something in his ear. "Ohhh. I remember."

"If this is a person that Joonie treats as a friend, then we will too. Won't we boys?", Jin announced in my favour. 

Everyone nodded except Jimin who looked like he was about to deny. Jin gave him a look and if he was going to say anything, it was thrusted deep down his throat. I felt like I couldn't breathe, suffocating in my emotions and all the secrets I'd kept from the ones I loved the most, but now I could finally breathe again.

"Namjoon, I think she'd like to get changed. She's shivering.", Jungkook pointed out. 

"You can stay in my room.", I said as I turned to her.

"Are you sure?", she hesitated.

"Yeah. It's this way.", she obediently followed me as I took her to my room. 

"Get changed and I'll give you a quick tour of the house.", I murmured.

Your POV

He walked out of the room and I locked it. I peeled the clothes of my body in a struggle, they didn't want to come off. Putting on my pyjamas, I looked around my luggage for a towel. It took a good ten minutes to bring my hair to a status between dripping and dry. I gave up in the end, my hands aching. Unlocking the room, I tried remembering the way Namjoon had brought me to his room. The other members were still sitting in the living room.

"Where's Namjoon?", I queried.

"He's freshening up. Would you like something to eat?", Taehyung offered.

"No thanks.", I replied. 

Namjoon walked in to the room in a sweatsuit.

"Have you guys offered her anything to eat? She's a guest. Please be nice.", Namjoon taunted.

"We did.", Taehyung moaned.

"Uh-uh. No words from you Tae.", Namjoon said sharply.

"Namjoon it's okay. Taehyung was the one who actually asked me if I wanted anything.", I defended Taehyung.

"But you should have something. You didn't get the chance to eat much at the restaurant.", Namjoon reminded me.

"I dug in first. You didn't even get to have a spoon. So I'll make you something.", I suggested.

"But I thought you said that I'd rather starve than eat your food."

"I know but I'm in the mood to make something and I think Jin can help make the food a bit more edible.", I looked at Jin and he nodded. "Come on. We've got some cooking to do."

I followed Jin to the kitchen and Namjoon followed me in. "Nope. You go. This is going to be a surprise.", I said as I pushed him towards the living room. 

It's so strange. I already feel so comfortable here. How weird. But I have to admit, the main reason I'm suddenly in the mood to cook is because when I'm angry, sad and confused, I like to go on rages. Well I obviously can't so the closest way to vent out is by messing up whilst cooking.

"Fine. Jin don't you get too close.", he warned Jin. 

But he'd said it a bit too loud because Tae shouted, "Haha! Namjoon hyung is getting protective!"

"Whatever.", Namjoon mumbled as he walked in to the living room.

So that's how the next two hours went. Jin taught me how to make the perfect omelette and I'm going to admit, he must be some sort of magician because when I served it, it was edible! Namjoon popped in to the kitchen every two minutes with a different excuse but it was obvious that he was checking up on us.

"Wow this is nice.", Hoseok mumbled between mouthfuls.

"Yeah what were you talking about saying your food isn't edible?", Namjoon interrogated.

"It isn't usually edible. Jin used some sort of magic. I'm convinced.", I answered. 

I glanced at Jin.

"Don't look at me. She's a quick learner.", Jin said.

"No don't say that. No matter how fast of a learner I am, my food can't change that quick. Look at this.", I said as I scrolled through my phone. A photo of a birthday cake I made for Gi was on the screen. My stomach flipped as I looked at Gi trying to digest the cake without puking whilst faking it tasted great, "See?"

"Maybe it was a miracle.", Jimin said in a spooky way.

"Guys, it's getting late. We should go to bed and tomorrow,", Jungkook said looking at me, "Would you like to make breakfast? Let's see if your food is all that good."

"Okay. Challenge accepted.", I grinned, "But Jin, you're supervising me so I don't set the place on fire."

I feel good tonight. The other members had accepted me like I were one of them. The other challenges we're going to face are a world away now. Tonight I can breathe.