Timely recue

After Madame Yula gave Aairah the Emir's message, that he would fetch her later, she said "Maybe you should let me tell them you are sick and you cannot attend the..." she said it in a beseeching tone but was cut off by Aairah who said "I will definitely go!"

"It's not mandatory! They can shift it!" Madame Yula pleaded. Aairah looks worn and tired and her eyes are bloodshot. She has had so much emotional abuse in the last twelve hours than she had in a long while. It hasn't been all that long when she had suffered a similar case. And now she has been deprived of sleep...

"How long could one breakfast be?" She shrugged.

Madame Yula sighed to herself. She hasn't thought that Aairah can be stubborn until today. The girl is proving to have more facets than she originally thought.

"I will definitely go!" She swore. She is hoping that Aariz would take her away before she is ready to faint!

So Aairah allowed her beautician to put makeup on her, hiding so much until only the red in her eyes remained.

She made sure she dressed to kill so they don't take her lightly. It's apparent that they are such superficial people. She is hoping at least her garb speaks for itself.

She wore an Arabian type chiffon maxi dress that is white all over and reached her knees. It has a crazy cut that dipped lower at the back and seems higher at the front. There is a succession of mini banquet of rainbow flowers made at the bottom edges with blinking stones that look like diamonds. She simply paired it with a straight skirt that is also white and devoid of any designs. Then she wore a white jilbab that has a shimmery all over golden hand embroidery flower design.

She refused to wear a wig because she didn't feel comfortable with it. And even though the back of her head seems shallow, she didn't mind it much since her attire looks good even without the bulge on her head. As usual, she declined wearing alkyabba. Madame Yula tried so hard but had to give up when Aairah still refused it.

This time around, Aairah didn't fake a frown. She is feeling severely moody. She knows that the queen has probably gotten the result of the tests by now and is waiting for the worst moment to publish it so Aairah will never live down the shame!

She has prepared her heart for the attack. She told herself she would shock them today if the queen dared to embarrass her! Armed with the knowledge that the emir is coming to fetch her later, she went there courageously.

When the ladies greet her, Aairah waved a hand elegantly, answering them all passively without seeming hasty but quick enough so the queen wouldn't intervene. When she sat, she greets the queen who answered with a neutral look on her face.

All the ladies sat and the food was brought immediately after. Everyone ate silently. Aairah couldn't stomach anything. Her head is aching very badly and her eyes were itching something fierce. But she still tried to scan the faces in the room so she has something to do. She saw a few new faces which told her that some ladies were absent from the dinner they had last.

One of the women is Lady Basma who didn't hide her unconcern for Aairah's welfare. Everybody knows that Lady Basma and the queen are friends. So that isn't even surprising. Aairah pointedly ignored her, taking note not to look in her direction for the remaining of her stay.

For some reason, everyone is suddenly silent. There is no chatter like the last time and so breakfast became a hearty affair.

"We should adjourn to the resting chambers" the queen announced he moment it is apparent everyone is full.

Aairah stood up, fought a wave of nausea at the various delicacies wafting through her nose, but smelling like her personal torture concoction. She followed everyone to wherever the resting room is.