Gift to humanity

It is one of those very clear mornings. The sky is so blue one could spend his halflife gazing upon such unearthly perfection. The air is so wonderfully temperate that anyone could bask in such a free gift of nature. Of course, it changed nothing of the palace routines. The castle is set in an order followed from the beginning of its inception till date. Breakfast, naturally begins by eight in the morning. Nothing would stop the emir's wife from eating her breakfast. It's necessary for the development of her health, and the baby, if any at all. So there is no compromise with her health whatsoever.

Aairah has no choice but to follow these strict regulations. Whether she wishes to eat on her bed, or officially at the dining table, eight is the time cut for breakfast. She has begun to get accustomed to it now.

So when the food arrived that morning, she has already brushed her teeth and performed her morning facials. The maids served her breakfast in bed because she didn't feel like seeing anyone so early.

Mechanically, she ate the food. She wouldn't know how it tasted if her life depended on it. All she did, is think about a million other things.

She frets about the upcoming nuptials. And worried sick about why his highness wasn't able to sleep. She is so afraid of going into the secret corridors and trying to find his room because she might get lost. It's such a giant maze in the corridors. No one should go exploring without direction.

And if she found his room, what would she even do? Rock him to sleep like a small baby? She hasn't even thought it through. Perhaps it's arrogant of her to think she could get him to sleep just because she is willing to do anything to make him sleep!

"Leier, you have a hierarchy lesson coming up. You need your energy to memorize all of it. The nuptials will be coming up soon. You have other lessons before then. Please endeavor to eat more" Madame Yula pleaded.

Aairah has almost forgotten Madame Yula is in the room. She forced a smile and said "ok" she hasn't even realized she has stopped eating until her elder companion had pointed it out.

So as she tried to refocus her attention on eating, she spied one of the magazines brought in on a different tray for her personal perusal and her eyes clicked on her own face on the cover. It's not so new that she made it to the covers of late. But the mere fact that she is wearing yesterday's clothing pricked her interest.

She beckoned for Madame Yula to pass it over and she did.

Shhh! It's a national secret! Is written boldly.

Aairah smiled. It is clear they are just kicking up dust for nothing. They wanted to exaggerate just to get people's attention.

"What are they up to?" She wondered out loud.

There is a picture of her sitting across from his highness. But they weren't so far apart when the picture was taken. Their heads were almost touching, as if they were about to tell each other a really private secret they didn't wish for anyone to overhear. Her eyes looks curious, telling others she is the one waiting to hear the secret. But he has mischief shining in his eyes. He looks playful and so different, she couldn't help but trace his features on the cover of the magazine with a hidden sigh.

"Someone wrote a story about you and the emir" Madame Yula explained.

So Aairah opened the magazine to locate that particular story.

'Royally iridescent...their love story!'

Aairah read the story shaking her head all through. They made it seem like the emir is head over heels in love with her. Like she has caught his heart in a way no woman ever did. Like the outings in succession is an indication of his devotion to her. The mere fact that he stayed at the Sultanate for so long without going back to Raome says he is reluctant to part with her.