The ball

...

Aairah is still wondering how the night will turn out when she arrives at the palace ceremonial hall which is supposed to be the venue. She hops off the car Baita brings her in and suddenly finds herself swarmed by reporters from all angles!

"Are you here for his highness or for the queen?"

"Is it true you are having an affair with his highness?"

"Is the photo real?"

The questions came in in full force.

"Are you a kept woman now?"

"Do you answer the name of the emir's siren? You are his mistress now?"

"How many divorces did you receive from the emir? Is it why you are having an affair? Because you cannot get married again?"

"Has the Fillo clan rejected you again?"

"How does the Queen feels about you overstepping your boundaries?"

Aairah cannot believe she is a poor victim in a swarm of pecking bees!

She has no idea who helped her. But soon, she is led off to the hall by huge men with black clothes while they forcefully cleared the way for her her. Like a real celebrity!

"You are here early" she heard him speak.

Aairah turns to look at Aaisam who is drinking from a glass cup while he sits on one of the chairs lined up to the walls.

"No everyone else is late" she replies easily.

He smiles. Aairah can see why Bushra's head turned by a proposal from him! The guy is fineee...

Thankfully, Aairah has her wits about. So she went to sit next to him and said " I am so glad I am seeing you here. I need to talk to you" she stated.

"Go ahead" he replies.

"Why do you want to marry Bushra?" She asks straightforwardly.

The corner of his mouth tilts. "You are her friend, you tell me why" he retorts.

"You have bewitched her with your looks. Frankly, I don't want this. I owe my loyalty to lady Naeemah. I don't want you to marry Bushra. She deserves better than the life you will offer her" she tells him.

" I don't blame you. I don't even love Bushra. But I know she loves me and I know she will do everything to make me happy. Your respectable Naeemah doesn't have time for love" he grumbles.

"You shouldn't marry Bushra. You should make Lady Naeemah find time for you. Work on your marriage. It will work if you work hard enough. Bushra will just complicate matters"  she tells him honestly.

"But you don't understand! I don't love Naeemah. At least I am attracted to Bushra. Can't that be enough?"  He seems totally reasonable that Aairah wants to hit him!

"No it's not enough! You can be attracted to anyone. But you can't love just anyone. It has to be someone. I will not allow Bushra to make a mistake with you" she makes her stance.

Aaisam smiles. "She won't make a better choice in Maicki. Think of what you are depriving her first. Plus she loves me" he sound perfectly noble like. Arrogant and so full of his self importance. It didn't fit the Aaisam she is beginning to respect so much.

Is he egging me on? Why?

"It doesn't matter. The heart is fickle. It can change anytime" she states coldly. Then she stood and walks towards Lady Naeemah who has just arrived. It isn't surprising that they arrive separately. Aaisam has to be here before everyone else.