Sweet little vengeance

The ball is obviously a grand event.

This is a rare ball which accommodates commoners and nobles alike. For the maiden lucky to be blessed by the emir would be presented at the ball. Aairah would take them under her wings and find fitting spouses for them within the nobility. Some of them will marry higher than their station, thereby elevating their statues, but others would have to marry below, losing some of their hold on the social ladder. One thing they will all have in common is the emir's backing because he would stand in for their fathers to marry them off.

It's going to be a hectic night to be sure.

Aairah has long since become comfortable with simple designs and would detest the trappings of the fashionable attires now in fashion which involve the fitted gowns with bustier bursts and colorful designs involving rare stones or frilly attachments. This is why she adores kaftans abayas and freer Indian and Pakistani designs.

For special occasions, Aairah would prefer simple cape dresses or even simpler one colored gowns with as little ornamentations. The see me quality of dresses makes her feel like she is on promo.

So for this ball, Aairah wore a fitted mermaid layered lace dress with an embroidered chiffon cape that flowed in a way that made the waterfall quality hide her shape from the rear. The front of the cape stopped just below her breasts and the veil she wore is fixed on her head in a way that ensures a definite roll over the three sixty map of her head leaving the face in full view. She wore only a circle crusted diamond ring on her right hand as accessory. Of course, her clutch and heels are an exact pair that complimented her dressing.

Aairah is told she would only see the emir at the ball. For some reason, she has a bad feeling since the emir arrived. It's like a bad omen drawing near and she cannot shake the feeling.

Just remembering the queen makes her feel down. Will she be afraid of her when she sees her again? She wondered.

"You must pray before you leave or enter anywhere Aairah. And do duah when you come close to anyone suspicious. Stay by his highness's side and try to claim the first dance. That way, the queen won't ruin the night for you and make you look dumb on the sidelines while she makes merry with his highness..."

Aairah could feel it, she is finally reaching her full capacity for swallowing shit. If anything happens today to hurt her, she would shock them! She vowed.

"Are you listening to me or are you daydreaming again?" Madame Yula sighed, bring her mind to the present.

"I will do everything as you say it" Aairah sighed.

...only before someone tries to bully me! She vowed to herself.

She arrived in a hot pink Toyota and walked the red carpet like she owned it. Her succession of servants and guards making a circle around her only serves to make her look even more daunting. When she entered the ballroom, a hush fell upon the place. Aairah sported queen Neemah who didn't hide her smirk. Aairah began to feel that fear rise again but she did duah a in succession to alleviate the unreasonable feeling. She almost lost the battle though, the queen is looking more and more fearsome to her. She couldn't control her heartbeat, her palms were sweaty beneath the gloves that she wore...

"Breathe" she heard him mutter as he took her hands into his own.

Everything vanished! Aairah gave him a sidelong glance, feeling her breath catch in her chest at the indomitable way he looks tonight. She could not understand this raw excercise of power emanating from him. Especially now that he had made her fear vanish into thin air!

"Walk" he stated gruffly but it is low enough so she could hear it but no one else.

Glad of the strength that he lent her, she imagined she is just afraid of the queen because she is so evil! It's all in her mind!