The seven clans

Aariz's pov.

I always know when things happen in the palace. Every thing mostly. So the moment the elder council had forwarded the query, I knew. And I know who exactly had participated in developing the query. And why. And I know exactly how Neemah would react. She would refuse to answer the query deliberately to give him time to make a decision. And then when she is being pressured, she would act out her real intentions.

Exile Aairah.

I want her to be sent over to the deserts of Gulum for the duration of her stay at sham university. That way, she could accrue enough knowledge to be able to defend herself from censure. Hopefully, she would have given birth by then, and has accumulated enough experience , and power, to run a royal household. The footfalls will be fierce. But once there is a direction, everything becomes easy. Determination, will and resilience would be needed to traverse the way.

I would pay the Alkali corporation any amount to ensure her safety..and our privacy. They have this ghost security company that works privately. So even if someone infiltrates the royal squad, then, they would have nothing to leak!

As a bonus, Aairah would calm down and set her priorities straight. If she comes to love me by then, i would have peace of mind. And maybe, just maybe, the hallucinations would stop. And maybe, they would not be as daunting as they were. most times, I feel so alone that it consumes me totally, irreparably. I want someone to understand the depth of the wound inflicted upon me. Someone who can share my pain and help ease it. Indeed It is a cruel, dark thing, these hallucinations.

But first of all, the nuptials of the chosen has to happen. When Her fame is sky high, I would allow her exile so there is no doubt in anyone's mind that she is out of the game. When she comes out of detention, she would be able to revive her popularity by using the event. If she doesn't resonate in the hearts of her people, then forgetting her kindness and leadership skills would be as easy as ABC. But they will always remember her if she is generous and kind with the face of a true leader.

She has to make it work with the nuptials. And even though he could help, he would let her do it on her own. Later, she would have more confidence in dealing with great matters of such importance.

I believe she is capable.

...

Aairah has two hours to solve this quandary. The seven higher nobility, the Alkali clan is the very first on the ladder. But Mrithi Alkali is already married to Naeemah. Aairah wants to keep the woman by her side. So even if giving him a different woman to marry wouldn't cause any stir, it could maim the trust Naeemah has placed on her. So Aairah had chosen the closest to Mrithi Aisam, who just happens to be his cousin Hashim Alkali. The same one who is now the CEO of alkali cooperatives.

So the Fillo clan is the second on the ladder now. And since she would not give her own husband another wife, she has to find another person worthy within the Fillo clan who would ensure she has a closer association with her husband's family.

Aairah has been given so many names. But she finally decided upon captain Mufeed. Not only is he Aariz's immediate older brother and is only thirty three years old, he is also a very important member of the Fillo clan. He is relied upon to keep the Fillo clan's private military at its peak. This has opened up opportunities for him. He forms the first line of defense for the clan against external factors. This means, he is also partially responsible for the wellbeing of the emir against assassinations and physical attacks. Because the emirate allows the clan that has an emir on the throne to keep private military with specific rules to protect the country, Captain Mufeed, is the only officer who didn't need to answer to the Bastille Earl, Mrithi Alkali. He answers only to the emir. It's so fortunate , or unfortunate, that his wife died conveniently the year before.