The best partner

Aariz was sequestered away by his own personal team of guard network which he has invested a lot in over the years. So all the switching in people's eyes was done without his knowledge. It was Asim all along until he returned the day of the crowning.

He was sick and he thought he would die. He couldn't speak, nor walk. He had been in a very dark place as a result of an unknown malady that struck him after he left the generals, asking for Asim's execution.

When he returned to find Aairah holding hands with Asim as they grandly returned to Raome, he has never before felt so much rage!

So he had meant to see her, ask her why she couldn't realize she is living with an imposter!

How could she ever have mistaken him with his brother?

It wasn't fair, but he couldn't reason. He was too damn angry.

But when he saw her sitting in her room, looking hopeless and scared, he feels the anger turning into desire. One thing led to another and his desire to possess her, punish her, let her know it's him and not Asim, speak a language to her only she would understand without question, erase the thought that anyone, even his twin could take his place...

But the damn girl is still a virgin!

For months she lives with his lecherous brother and she is still clean? He didn't understand any of it. He needed to think.

So he left. Because he couldn't speak, he couldn't ask her, or answer her. How could he clear her doubts?

He has been the one who asked Aaisam to create the meeting. But then Asim saw him afterwards and he had him arrested.

Aaisam would be suspicious if he stops the meeting so Asim had went along with it. His only miscalculation was Neemah. He didn't count in her coming to absolve Aariz from doubt.

He didn't think she could. Yet she did.

And now, he can no longer impersonate Aariz. He has a giant scar that will tell everyone he is Asim.

He lost. Aariz won.

So when he was broken out of prison, his own people had taken him away to begin anew.

The next time he appears in Maicki, it would be as Asim. And no one else!

....

Aariz isn't supposed to be in Ghana.

He had left Maicki in secret and had wanted to go to umrah for a deep spiritual cleansing of his mind from all the darkness that seems to be blocking his peace.

But after a week, he finds himself wanting to see Aairah at any cost.

So here he is. In Ghana, without so much as a plan or defense at hand.

Aariz is relieved when he found her grandmother at home, alone. She and Aaidah had gone out to meet potential investors.

"Aaidah wants to start afresh here in Ghana. So the sisters have decided to open a branch here in Ghana. There are enough people we know and trust enough to help them take care of the business" grandma explains to him.

His smile is only In his eyes she suppose.

"Will she be back soon?" He asks her.

"Yes. She will be back in less than an hour" she explains.

"I'll wait" he offers. Grandma nods.

He had thought she will blame him or chide him for his role in Aairah's misery. But she is a true elder because she acted as if he were an in law to be cherished.