Cowardly

Aairah arrived at the familiar chateau and this time, at first glance, she could really see the beauty of the place. Everything is alight with glowing ambience!

How it looks like its owner!

It looks as calm as still water, as  reassuring as cash in a bank, and definitely just as actively arresting!

She is told that Aariz would see her in an hour. The hours passed and she was led to her room while the serious looking servant informed her that the emir is tired and would not be able to see her until the next morning. Aairah slept the night worried sick that he isn't doing well. Did he have another nightmare?

She drove herself anxious in no time.

The next morning, she looks so bad with the visible bags under her lids and the tired eyes that went right along with her whole appearance. No bath could revive her energy.

When she finally met Aariz, she is already going crazy. And she had a lot to tell him-provided he isn't on his sickbed of course.

He met her at the dining room and she could see that he is doing very well. His healthy skin tone is returning and he is looking like he has a lot of energy.

Aairah tried to act like Aaidah. She wants to be calm and blasé in the face of his blatant disregard.

He asked me to come here so I don't talk to him!

Aairah wondered why he is being so cold. Is it because he thought she is Aaidah?

Don't be dumb. Are you any better than Aaidah? Don't inflate your self importance!

She couldn't greet him because she is simply annoyed by his attitude. Where is his compassion? She wondered. Where is that gentle thoughtful man I have come to really depend upon?

He didn't seem to mind her preoccupation at all. In fact, he looks like he preferred it that way. She wasn't worth a single glance. Even though he thinks I am Aaidah, isn't this a bit too much? She noticed that he ate a healthy traditional meal- which, by the way,  he ate with his bare hand!

And I was taught all those lessons in manners and all the things I couldn't do. If I so much as suggested eating with my bare hands, they will lock me up and call me crazy!

Why are the rules so different when it's him? She wondered.

He motioned for her to sit and just for the heck of it, she refused to meet his gaze. Let him think I am Aiarah. I am interested to know how he treats my sister!

When he is done eating, he washed his hands in the stylish wash basin and wiped his mouth with a cotton cloth. Then he took his leave.

Not a single word for me!

Oh no! You dont get to do that! She wanted to shout.

"Aren't you happy I am here?" She mimicked the cultured tone Aaidah is well famous for.

He stopped walking long enough for her brows to crease in thought. Then he began walking again.

The Aaidah card is failing miserably!

Aairah ran so fast, she is in front of him in no time. Unfortunately, she had to look at his eyes-which were suddenly making her feel really annoyed.

Because they seem to be drugged with a very potent mixture of relief and yearning!. Which, is now infecting her nervous system!

"It's okay if you don't want to see me. I am here about Aaidah anyway. Can you spare me a few minutes?" She asks all business like. Trying hard to ignore the obvious.