Pussyfoot

Two years later

Aairah has gone so deep into thought that she didn't hear her grandmother come in.

Grandma shook her head. The child is always getting things tough. She touched Aairah on her shoulder very softly to get her attention.

Aairah sighed heavily. She smiled fondly at her grandma and chirped in a singsong voice "I wasn't really thinking Gran. I am just planning tomorrow's meeting at work" she lied.

"So Aariz is coming to Ghana" grandma refused to let it go.

"It doesn't matter. We have nothing between us now. Nothing to worry about okay?" Aairah assured her.

Grandma gave her a look that says everything without much trouble.

"Grandma!" Aairah complained.

"I didn't say anything" grandma made a motion of zipping her mouth.

"Fine! I can't sleep" she confessed.

"Why ever not?" Grandma smirked.

"Grandma!" Aairah complained yet again, whining unabashedly.

"It is a simple question. Stop being dramatic!" Grandma dismissed with a smile that says she is really downplaying the whole thing. Aairah is used to her grandma's teasing and she has totally grown immune to it's annoying capacity. So she said "you are right. It's a simple question" she pretended like she was done talking about it. Like asking it has answered it or something!

Now grandma got impatient. "If it's so simple, why can't you answer it?" She persisted,

Aairah grinned. "Just because" she retorted.

"Come on! Tell me. I may be able to help" she pointed out.

Aairah sighed. She went to sit next to her grandma and settle her head on her lap.

"I miss him so much" she confessed.

"I know" grandma agreed. She knows very well that Aairah has at least a thousand different photos of Aariz over the past months. It's almost two years now. And she is still holding on in a small way.

"I want to see him" Aairah continued to confess. "If he leaves Ghana and he doesn't come to see me, grandma, I will totally lose it!" She declared.

"Then don't let him leave without seeing him" Grandma urged.

"He won't see me. Remember after the Aaidah incidence? He refused to see me. He never so much as send a message to me. He has forgotten about me. Do you think he has forgotten about me?" She seems so afraid that Grandma couldn't make fun of her anymore.

Grandma hugged her close and murmured. "He won't forget you. How could he? I heard that he doesn't have a child yet. He is definitely waiting for you" she stated as if she had Intel. She knows no such thing! She just wanted to calm her favorite granddaughter.

"I am not so sure. Neemah is still his queen. I have no idea how he could endure that. She is a crazy loon who would do anything in the name of love when in reality, she just wants power. I also heard that Hanan has been having miscarriages, which means, Neemah is waving her evil wand again. Can you believe that his mother has no title now? He brought in the former queen to become Sultana! I could never understand him! At least Hanan is Leier now..." She continued to narrate in great detail. Grandma smiled. "It's like you practically live there Aairah" she pointed out.

"I heard it is very peaceful at the palace now. Everything is calm" Aairah stressed.

"Why is that?" Grandma asks.