I am in

Aairah is still wondering why the atmosphere is odd when everyone dipped into exaggerated greetings that told her no one is in attendance but his highness himself.

For some reason, her eyes met that of the queen's who simply raised a mocking brow as if challenging her to something sinister.

Aairah avoided looking at him as she sank into a deep curtsey to greet him. She didn't hear him answer and decided he must have nodded instead. He could nod through the greetings of a crowd, she has noticed. Even if no one catches him in the act and thereby has no idea whether he has accepted such greetings or not.

"It would be nice if we could be seen laughing together as a family" Queen Neemah, who arrived next to Aairah, stated with a voice arrested with yearning.

"Sister, it would be nice right?" She inquired.

"Yes" Aairah is forced to answer. But deep down, she could tell the woman is setting her up again. Somehow, she knows Aairah is repulsed by his majesty's sight and wouldn't be able to endure a lengthy perusal of his presence. Of course she also knows that Aairah could not possibly refuse her either because she is so scared to annoy her.

Aariz raised a hand to seek the time which is announced before he got around to doing so by one of his servants.

"You have never been to the sultanate Neemah. Take your time absorbing the sights" he advised. "A queenly right" he added pointedly.

Queen Neemah has promised herself not to let this opportunity pass by without thoroughly embarrassing Aairah and telling the world she is weak. She stumbled over her own feet and almost fell upon Aairah who staggered backward to fall upon the form of his majesty.

A shrill cry tore from her lips when his highness tried to right her. She zapped away from him so quickly that even he is unable to hide his dawning reaction.

Aairah dissolved into hysterics, kneeling on the floor to cover her ears from the sudden torment of being close to something that has the power to deny her conscience respite. She didn't know where she was for a moment of irreparable darkness until she felt Madame Yula whispering to her that he is gone.

Aairah felt thoroughly humiliated. All eyes were on her. She looks panicky and disorganized. Stilling her heartbeat through sheer will, she managed a wobbly look of serenity and announced promptly. "I shall take my leave"

But the queen isn't done with her. She flicked a look of mock horror in Madame Yula's face and said "move aside, I wish to speak to sister. It could be that you are lax in your duties so much that she is suffering now" she said it testily.

Madame Yula has no reason to deny a royal order. She moved away trying not to look defeated even though she feels that way. Day by day, she is beginning to fear this queen of Maicki. Perhaps she is only beginning to show her true colors. Madame Yula despaired that it would be too late to help Aairah when the queen is done with her. And then she will not escape his majesty's wrath!

Queen Neemah touched Aairah's arm briefly with a small frown as if she is truly concerned for her. "What happened?" She inquired.

For as long as she lived, Aairah will not forget this day when she feels the desperate need to bow to queen Neemah. It was such overwhelming feeling that she felt she would die if she should stand shoulder to shoulder with her. It was so intense that she felt her knees breaking into a kneeling gesture without her own input. It was horrifying, mystifying and definitely, defeating.

Basma laughed, sharing a look with Lady Raola who seems pleased with the proceedings in action.

"I don't believe she has greeted us when she came in" Lady Basma stated. But her eyes were well rested on Esha who maintained a demure profile.