Chapter One

Jerry's POV

I was a terrible human being. I was sitting across from my best friend and lying right to his face.

Finn laughed at a meme on his phone and tilted the screen towards me, and I had to smile and laugh and pretend like I wasn't a fucking traitor.

It had all happened yesterday.

I was mad about a grade I'd gotten on a paper, and it was a few weeks before the final. I was usually a straight-A student, but my writing class had officially stumped me. The professor's name was Adam Lincoln, and at this point I was convinced that I was doing poorly because he hated me. And I was going to fail out of his class if the asshole didn't shape up.

I'd busted into his office and shoved my paper in his face. "This is absolutely fucking rediculous," I nearly screamed. "You can't refuse to mark anything wrong, slap a C on the front, and call it a day! That's bullshit!"

Adam Lincoln shot out of his chair and grabbed the paper. "This is why you get bad grades in my class. You're mouthy, disrespectful, and—"

"I know you cheated on your ex-husband," I snapped, choosing to go straight for the balls today. "So I'd rather you not talk to me about respect."

Adam's whole posture changed. "You are such a fucking brat. You have no idea what you're even talking about."

"Well I know that the only class I've ever gotten less than an A in is yours," I snapped. "And it's because you don't like me. You don't put anything on my essays saying why I get bad grades—"

"Right here!" Adam shook the paper in front of my face. "Weak thesis. Poor supporting detail. Poor analysis."

"That's straight bullshit!" I screamed. I definitely shouldn't have been losing my mind at the teacher, but there was just something about Adam. "You just fucking hate me—"

"I don't hate you," Adam growled, and then I was being pressed up against the wall and kissed.

And the worst part? I kissed him back. I kissed him back, and he'd locked the door to his office, and we'd fucked right up against his desk.

That escalated quickly was basically the motto for my entire life.

And as for why I was the worst human on the history of the earth?

"Jerry," Aidan Demos laughed, waving his hand in front of my face. I blinked and shook my thoughts away. "I can tell something's wrong with you because you aren't being obnoxious."

Right. That was why I was the worst human on the history of the planet.

Adam Lincoln was Aidan Demos' ex-husband and the man who broke his heart. And Aidan was my best friend's boyfriend.

And yesterday I'd fucked Adam like I was making schoolgirl porn.

I flipped Aidan off and directed my attention to my phone. It was Adam. Again. I shoved the thing in my pocket and focused on my present.

"Okay, Aidan," I said with enough scorn to make him grin. The guy had been doing an awful lot of grinning lately, it was kind of creepy. "You got me. I haven't had nearly enough caffeine today."

"You've already drank five cups of coffee!" Finn, an evil caffeine hater and loud vegan, protested.

A strong hand thumped onto my shoulder and I was reminded of the second pain in my ass. Robert. Or Master Robert, which he was called at the kink club he owned.

"C'mon, boy," Robert said, because he liked calling everyone skinner than he was 'boy.' "That stuff's bad for you."

But I liked Robert. He was annoying, but I generally didn't hate anybody. I wasn't really capable of it. So I smiled and obnoxiously batted my lashes at him. "Will you please buy me another coffee, Sir Master Dominant, Sir? Because you want to fuck this sweet ass?"