Chapter Twenty-Four

Adam's POV

I never thought I would say it, think it, or believe it, but: I missed John.

The two of us had really begun to hit it off. I mean, first and foremost, our sex was incredible. When John wasn't being a spastic, pain-hungry little freak, he actually had some skills in the room.

It was low-maintenance, too. I liked that. Neither of us desired to go out on fancy dates, meet each other's parents, fall in love, or whatever. We were just taking it easy. We were two older men with a sex-drive and a desire for the company of someone else.

Or at least, that's what I was trying to make myself believe. I was starting to have these horrific thoughts...

What was John's family like? Besides Aidan, what does his romantic history look like? What sports teams does he root for? What are his favorite shows or his favorite songs?

Ugh. It was disgusting.

And now, to make matters worse, I was actually thinking about him throughout my workday. To be fair, it all began with thoughts of the sex that we'd had last night. That wasn't romantic. However, my thoughts evolved into more. I wanted to know what he was doing. I didn't even know what his job was, or if he even had a job. ...Knowing him, it was very possible that he didn't have a job.

"Shut up, Adam," I muttered to myself. "You don't have feelings for John. If anything, you're not even over your ex-husband from a decade ago. No, definitely not. ...If any other man bares his hole to me, I'd feel perfectly fine pounding into it."

The twisting feeling in my gut said otherwise, but I ignored that.

I went through each paper I was grading and pulled out Jerry's. I smacked a fucking A onto it without reading it. I didn't care. If it meant keeping my job and reading less papers, I didn't have a single complaint.

Then I took out Finn's. I had a mental battle with myself. Was it immature that I continued to do this? Shouldn't I feel a certain kinship to the kid that had to deal with my ex-boyfriend's flaws the way I had to?

Nope. No kinship.

I licked my hand and smacked it into the center of his paper. On time I'd taken a shit and held the paper over the toilet as I'd flushed. That was hilarious. One of these days I was planning on drinking gallons of water to dilute my pee, and then rubbing some pee onto it.

Maybe I'd save that for his final essay. I could really go out with a bang for that one.

A texted made my phone flash. I opened it in a disgustingly fast way, because apparently I was an attention-whore for John now.

John: thinking of you hot daddy

Attached was a picture of his erect penis.

Which should have disgusted me. Instead, I palmed myself a little through my jeans and sent him a picture of my bulge.

Nope, there weren't any feelings here. Pure carnal desire. I'd leave him for any other person in a second.

A quick knock on my office door allowed me to block the bulge in my pants with a stack of papers. Jerry burst into my office a second later.

"I need to talk with you," he said before I could even say hello. He slammed the office door shut, locked it, and the shuttered. "Ew. Gross flashbacks."

Yup, same. My skin was crawling just from having him here.

"What do you need to talk about?" I asked instead, hoping this would be made quick. "I'm trying to grade papers. And, as you can see—" I waved his in his face"—you got the grade you wanted."